+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Questions on GCMS notes.

utojamepark

Star Member
Apr 8, 2020
personally, i would suggest to apply for gcms notes based on your status, because i have already done that. it wont hurt anyway.
will do it this week, thanks
just one last question, will this 'early' gcms note get updated later as our visa status gets updated? let says, if one's visa gets rejected, his/her 'early' gcms note will also get updated with all the info on it so no need to wait for a while month?

Yangz

Jun 9, 2020
will do it this week, thanks
just one last question, will this 'early' gcms note get updated later as our visa status gets updated? let says, if one's visa gets rejected, his/her 'early' gcms note will also get updated with all the info on it so no need to wait for a while month?
no. i dont think so.
like in my case, i submitted my gcms notes requests on 08.27 and got the results on 09.27.
but the notes only show what has been done before 09.04, because at the bottom of each page of the file, it indicates that the file is created on 09.04.

Jermy

Star Member
Aug 25, 2020
My gf just received her GCMS notes and it seem to be similar to yours.

[Page 2]
ASSESSMENT
Eligibility: Passed
Security:
HIRV:
Criminality: Passed - Bio
Org Crime:
Medical: Passed
Misrep:
Other Req:
Info Sharing: Complete
Final:
Counterfoil Req: Yes
[Page 11]
FINALIZE APPLICATION
DOCUMENT ISSUANCE: 0
REFUSAL GROUNDS LEGACY: 0
REFUSAL GROUNDS: 0
CORRESPONDENCE
OUTGOING: 1
Created Date: 2020/08/07
Updated Date: 2020/08/07
Document: Original Passport Request / Demande de passport original
Type: PDF
Due Date: 2020/11/05
[Page 50]
NOTES
NOTES: 1
Created Date: 2020/08/14
Updated Date: 2020/08/14
Restricted: No
Label: General
Office: CPC Edmonton
Text: Positive stage 1 preliminary eligibility assessment letter sent to client on 2020/08/13 using BELA. As the correspondence was sent via BATCH EMAIL and LETTER APP (BELA) there is no copy of the letter or email attached to the GCMS application.
NOTES: 2
Created date: 2020/08/07
Updated Date: 2020/08/07
Restricted: No
Label: General
Office: CPC-Ottawa
Text: Application meets SDS eligibility criteria. Satisfied to approve. R1+W 2021/09/30 To review before approving: LOA Expiry date/last day to register: 2020/09/11 LOA - Program alternate start date: 2020/09/08 Meds expiry: 2021/05/13

Hello, I have this same profile as yours on my gcms but i got confused. In place of criminality its only passed-bio . I haven't given police certificate and till now no request. How come they wrote passport request without requesting the police certificate or is it not needed?. please any ideas? or do we assume approval?

Reactions: waleed.ahmad

Yangz

Jun 9, 2020
Hello, I have this same profile as yours on my gcms but i got confused. In place of criminality its only passed-bio . I haven't given police certificate and till now no request. How come they wrote passport request without requesting the police certificate or is it not needed?. please any ideas? or do we assume approval?
you got original passport request in your GCMS notes without police certificate? may i ask where do your submit your application pls? because i saw people in this forum mentioned in other threads that in some counties police certificate is not mandatory.

Jermy

Star Member
Aug 25, 2020
you got original passport request in your GCMS notes without police certificate? may i ask where do your submit your application pls? because i saw people in this forum mentioned in other threads that in some counties police certificate is not mandatory.
I applied from Japan. I am confused . Even on my gc key it says we don't need any additional documentation. This was written as out going message on my gcms even before i got AIP.

Yangz

Jun 9, 2020
I applied from Japan. I am confused . Even on my gc key it says we don't need any additional documentation. This was written as out going message on my gcms even before i got AIP.
the same in my notes, OPR created on Aug. 03 and I got AIP on Aug. 14.
Not familiar with the situation in Japan. Maybe police certificate is not required in Japan. No idea.

Jermy

Star Member
Aug 25, 2020
the same in my notes, OPR created on Aug. 03 and I got AIP on Aug. 14.
Not familiar with the situation in Japan. Maybe police certificate is not required in Japan. No idea.
Police certificate is required for non Japanese like me. So i don't get. Only medicals is not needed. I dont know if the application has been finalized on stage 2 or not

Yangz

Jun 9, 2020
Police certificate is required for non Japanese like me. So i don't get. Only medicals is not needed. I dont know if the application has been finalized on stage 2 or not
no clue. but maybe you would like to submit a police certificate via webform if you were able to get one now. it wont hurt anyway.

Jermy

Star Member
Aug 25, 2020
no clue. but maybe you would like to submit a police certificate via webform if you were able to get one now. it wont hurt anyway.
I would love to do that but in Japan you need to show a letter from the authority of Canada requesting the police certificate. You can't just get one by your self. I don't know what i can do.

waleed.ahmad

Mar 8, 2020
Islamabad
Category........
STUDY
Guys what does this original passport request means in GCMS? does it mean our visa is approved?

DianaFilip

Star Member
Jul 14, 2020
Hi Did you get OPR?