+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Questions on FD-258

SeniorStakes

Nov 7, 2018
Toronto
Hi Everyone!

I reside in India and trying my luck at Express Entry. As I have stayed in US for couple of years for my higher studies, I am required to provide Police Clearance Certificate from USA as part of my Express Entry application. I filled-in FD-258 form as much as I could. However, I am struggling in these fields:

1. OCA - The help document says that "Originating Case Agency/Local Agency Identification Reference (OCA/LIR) Block. Enter your agency’s identification or case number for the subject. The OCA must not exceed twenty (20) alphanumeric characters.".. Is "Criminal Investigation Department" the local agency for Indians? Does anyone know what are we supposed to fill-in here? If so, what is their identification number?
  2. Miscellaneous Number (MNU) - The guide says that "The MNU is an identifying number associated with the subject such as U.S. Military Service Number, Passport Number, etc. Enter the MNU and indicate the description according to the decision chart on page 40.". The MNU Prefix Code for Passport is PP so am I supposed to put in my passport number here e.g. "PP XXXXXXX"? I have two passport numbers - the one linked to my SSN is an old one. It is so because I got a new passport number after I relocated to India (the old passport expired).
    • If I put in the old one, it's incorrect because it's expired.
    • If I put the new one, they won't be able to match in their records because they have my old passport number
  3. FBI Number - How do I know my FBI number? Is it possible that I don't have one already so shall I leave this cell blank?
  4. Employer and Address - Is it mandatory to fill-in the employer block with the India-based firm I am working for?
Looking forward to the inputs!

Regards,
SeniorStakes