+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Questions about visitor record

JCE

Dec 30, 2022
Or the officers were just having a shitty day... I had a similar experience, I declared that I was coming to plan the wedding with my partner and was sent to secondary where I was issued a one month VR by a very rude and demeaning agent (not to mention they were making claims about rules that were not true).

Applied for an extension that took about 1½ month which was approved for 6 months. Got married and applied for PR+OWP, OWP got approved before the extension ran out (had a gamble with a trip before the OWP arrived, did not get any stamp returning then so assumed they saw either there was an OWP in progress, or that the VR was valid for another two months).

HTS_QC

Dec 4, 2022
Or the officers were just having a shitty day... I had a similar experience, I declared that I was coming to plan the wedding with my partner and was sent to secondary where I was issued a one month VR by a very rude and demeaning agent (not to mention they were making claims about rules that were not true).

Applied for an extension that took about 1½ month which was approved for 6 months. Got married and applied for PR+OWP, OWP got approved before the extension ran out (had a gamble with a trip before the OWP arrived, did not get any stamp returning then so assumed they saw either there was an OWP in progress, or that the VR was valid for another two months).
When you travelled on VR before OWP, what country did you put as your country of residence/where do you live, at the kiosk?

JCE

Dec 30, 2022
When you travelled on VR before OWP, what country did you put as your country of residence/where do you live, at the kiosk?
That was an interesting one actually, was going through Pearson's at the transfer area, so no kiosks, had the old customs form and only an agent that asked where I was coming from that day, he just took the form said nothing. I had put Canada as residence as I had an inland app in progress. It was odd not to have to pick up bags for customs but just went through the transfer and then onwards to my domestic flight (and bags made it ok too haha).