+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Questions about Personal History after PR grant

peter38wan

Jan 15, 2023
Hi, I would be grateful for your advice on this following issue.

I received my PR in 2021 and I am considering applying spouse sponsorship for my common law partner in a few months

Before filling out the sponsorship form, I reviewed my PR application details ( I had taken screenshots of the application pages that I submitted) the other day and I noticed that I forgot to include one employment as Software Engineer which lasted 3 weeks (for which I did not claim any points) in Personal History. The missing employment was within a gap of 4 months for which I wrote "unemployed". In other words, first three months I was unemployed and I worked for three weeks in the fourth month, And I wrote "unemployed" for the entire 4 months gap. It was an honest mistake and the missing employment was 4 years ago.

However, The Tax record I submitted along with the application did show the missing employment and the entire employment period (3 weeks)

My question is, Is this considered misrepresentation? Do You think it is necessary to update my personal history by sending a webform even though my PR has been granted? I am not sure if this will work or have any adverse effect.

The reason I am asking this question is I am concerned if they will revoke my pr when I make any future applications (sponsorship or citizenship) in which there is some inconsistent information when compared to my pr application. I am going to declare the missing employment for every application in the future if required.

Thank you so much for reading this. Appreciate your advice

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
My question is, Is this considered misrepresentation?
No

Do You think it is necessary to update my personal history by sending a webform even though my PR has been granted? I
No need

The reason I am asking this question is I am concerned if they will revoke my pr when I make any future applications (sponsorship or citizenship) in which there is some inconsistent information when compared to my pr application.
This is not a big issue. You are worrying about nothing.

D

Deleted member 1083629

Hi, I would be grateful for your advice on this following issue.

I received my PR in 2021 and I am considering applying spouse sponsorship for my common law partner in a few months

Before filling out the sponsorship form, I reviewed my PR application details ( I had taken screenshots of the application pages that I submitted) the other day and I noticed that I forgot to include one employment as Software Engineer which lasted 3 weeks (for which I did not claim any points) in Personal History. The missing employment was within a gap of 4 months for which I wrote "unemployed". In other words, first three months I was unemployed and I worked for three weeks in the fourth month, And I wrote "unemployed" for the entire 4 months gap. It was an honest mistake and the missing employment was 4 years ago.

However, The Tax record I submitted along with the application did show the missing employment and the entire employment period (3 weeks)

My question is, Is this considered misrepresentation? Do You think it is necessary to update my personal history by sending a webform even though my PR has been granted? I am not sure if this will work or have any adverse effect.

The reason I am asking this question is I am concerned if they will revoke my pr when I make any future applications (sponsorship or citizenship) in which there is some inconsistent information when compared to my pr application. I am going to declare the missing employment for every application in the future if required.

Thank you so much for reading this. Appreciate your advice
Mistakes are not misrepresentation. Rule of thumb that can be used to check if there is misrep is to ask yourself whether the decision would have been the same given the omitted information.

In your case, 3 weeks of work would not have any affect.

There is no point to send a webform because your application is closed.

Your PR would not be invoked.

Reactions: Boris_Bonifatius