+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Questions about passport return time and address

chriszhihan

Jul 4, 2013
I am living in Northern Europe, I applied for the visitor visa online and received original passport request in mid July.

I sent my passport to Canadian High Commission in London and it was delivered on 26 July. When can I expect my passport to be returned?

I enclosed a prepaid self-addressed UK Royal Mail Special Delivery envelope and a letter asking them to return my passport to my friend's address in London using that envelope. I would then ask my friend to send it back to me by courier, which I think will be safer.

I am wondering if the canadian high commission will use that envelope and send my passport to my friend in London, instead of directly returning it to me by ordinary mail.

Many thanks in advance.

Jul 17, 2013
I'm afraid I cannot answer your question but instead can i ask you when did you apply for visa? I've also applied online for TRV on 26th June but have not heard anything from CIC as of yet.
Thanks

Doda

May 20, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi chriszhihan,

I've applied for my student permit via London CHC. Received my passport request on the 18th of July sent it on the same day. received by the CHC the next day. Sent back on the 25th. I don't know if they will send it back to your friend, but they should, you can send them a case specific inquiry to make sure that they will send it to your friend. Just to make sure. Hope this helps.

chriszhihan

Jul 4, 2013
Doda said:
Hi chriszhihan,

I've applied for my student permit via London CHC. Received my passport request on the 18th of July sent it on the same day. received by the CHC the next day. Sent back on the 25th. I don't know if they will send it back to your friend, but they should, you can send them a case specific inquiry to make sure that they will send it to your friend. Just to make sure. Hope this helps.
Hi, many thanks for ur reply. From ur experience, it might be a bit early for me to start worrying. I will wait for another day or two to see if they will send it back.

chriszhihan

Jul 4, 2013
trvapplicantlondon said:
I'm afraid I cannot answer your question but instead can i ask you when did you apply for visa? I've also applied online for TRV on 26th June but have not heard anything from CIC as of yet.
Thanks
Hi, I submitted my online application on 23 June, and received the passport request on 11 July. Let's hope for the best for your case. You may also send them an email asking about your application, it might work.

tty

Aug 1, 2013
Doda said:
Hi chriszhihan,

Hello my dear, I applied online on the 16th july, got a request for passport on the 18th july. then i send the passport which was received on the 20th, july. until now i have not head anything from cic london. How long do i have to wait? what can i do? will they notify me in mycic when they send the passport? can they refuse me a visa after PR?

Doda

May 20, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tty said:
Hello my dear, I applied online on the 16th july, got a request for passport on the 18th july. then i send the passport which was received on the 20th, july. until now i have not head anything from cic london. How long do i have to wait? what can i do? will they notify me in mycic when they send the passport? can they refuse me a visa after PR?
Hi tty,
it's very highly unlikely to get refuse after a passport request (I'm mean %99.99 unlikely). Because what is the point of sending a passport request on a refusal, they simply send a refusal email to your myCIC account. Due to the current strike happening all over the wold, visa issuance is getting slower, and the strike evolved to a near total halt last Monday. You can send them a case specific inquire to ask about the passports, this is the link
https://dmp-portal.cic.gc.ca/cicemail/intro-eng.aspx?mission=london
Hope this helps.

chriszhihan

Jul 4, 2013
Doda said:
Hi tty,
it's very highly unlikely to get refuse after a passport request (I'm mean %99.99 unlikely). Because what is the point of sending a passport request on a refusal, they simply send a refusal email to your myCIC account. Due to the current strike happening all over the wold, visa issuance is getting slower, and the strike evolved to a near total halt last Monday. You can send them a case specific inquire to ask about the passports, this is the link
https://dmp-portal.cic.gc.ca/cicemail/intro-eng.aspx?mission=london
Hope this helps.
Many thanks for your information. Do you know if there is any telephone number at CHC in London to ask about this?

tty

Aug 1, 2013
chriszhihan said:
Many thanks for your information. Do you know if there is any telephone number at CHC in London to ask about this?
thank you my dear friend for the reply. i used thesame case status request. please do you think its normal for them to have kept the passport since monday the 20th?

How soon do u think they can send back my passport

Doda

May 20, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tty said:
thank you my dear friend for the reply. i used thesame case status request. please do you think its normal for them to have kept the passport since monday the 20th?

How soon do u think they can send back my passport
Well I wish I can answer that, I know people who received their passports in 8 days and others in more. Are you applying within UK?

tty

Aug 1, 2013
Doda said:
Well I wish I can answer that, I know people who received their passports in 8 days and others in more. Are you applying within UK?
no i am in finland. will they send any message in MYCIC account when the send the passport back to me?

Doda

May 20, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No, they don't. You have to wait or track you return airmail envelope.

tty

Aug 1, 2013
Doda said:
No, they don't. You have to wait or track you return airmail envelope.
unfortunately for me the express mail service i used could not give me any tracking number. in the package to them, was included fiscsl stamps that equal the price of return stamps from uk. so i can have any tracking infor unless the embassy send it to me.
Hey do u really mean that they will not tell me if they have send the passport back or not?
I was thinking they will inform me as soon as they send the doc back