+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Questions about landing

bo12

Star Member
Nov 26, 2012
I'll land in Toronto and transfer to another state.
Could somebody enlighten me what I should do when I am landing? Do I have to get my luggages first and have them checked in to transfer and then I can go to the office to land or should I land first and then get luggages and check in?
How many hours do I need between the two flights?
What about declaration at the customs? Do I have to print the list before boarding or what should I do?

Another problem is about the medical card.
How many days can I get the card and is it effective immediately? If something happens and I need to go to the hospital, can I use the card or I have to pay for it all by myself?

Thank you so much.

Korea2Canada

Mar 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-05- 2013
Doc's Request.
18-11- 2013
AOR Received.
29-05-2013
File Transfer...
30-05-2013
Med's Request
sent with app.
Med's Done....
03-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
Some provinces ( USA it's States ) like Ontario have a 3 month waiting period for medical care. Be sure to get private medical insurance before landing.

bo12

Star Member
Nov 26, 2012
Korea2Canada said:
Some provinces ( USA it's States ) like Ontario have a 3 month waiting period for medical care. Be sure to get private medical insurance before landing.
Thank you for your reply.

Steph C

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
Sep 27 2012
Med's Request
April 15 2013 (re-med)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
You should schedule 3 hours between flights. You will have to clear customs & immigration and then collect your bags inside the secure area. Before leaving the secure area you will be able to put your bags back into the checked area, to continue to your next boarding gate. You will have to clear gate security another time.

bo12

Star Member
Nov 26, 2012
Steph C said:
You should schedule 3 hours between flights. You will have to clear customs & immigration and then collect your bags inside the secure area. Before leaving the secure area you will be able to put your bags back into the checked area, to continue to your next boarding gate. You will have to clear gate security another time.
Thank you. What about landing?

Steph C

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
Sep 27 2012
Med's Request
April 15 2013 (re-med)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
bo12 said:
Thank you. What about landing?
Landing will happen when going through customs and immigration. There will be a section that says new immigrants or people standing there to help you.

micmac101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2010
North Shore of New Brunswick
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 2010
LANDED..........
Husband arrived October 17,2014
bo12 said:
I'll land in Toronto and transfer to another state.
Could somebody enlighten me what I should do when I am landing? Do I have to get my luggages first and have them checked in to transfer and then I can go to the office to land or should I land first and then get luggages and check in?
How many hours do I need between the two flights?
What about declaration at the customs? Do I have to print the list before boarding or what should I do?

Another problem is about the medical card.
How many days can I get the card and is it effective immediately? If something happens and I need to go to the hospital, can I use the card or I have to pay for it all by myself?

Thank you so much.
If your Immigrating to another country they will not allow you out of the secure area but ask always it can help a lot!!