+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Questions about Landing (and a Thank You!)

canbrit

Star Member
Jan 25, 2009
We have now received my husband's passport back and COPR.

Thanks to everyone on the forum for all their input and advise over the last 9 months or so!! I can't believe we are finally at the stage of landing.

We are planning to land Saturday by driving over the boarder and then crossing back into Canada through Ogdensburg, NY. My husband currently lives in Canada with me on a work permit, so I was wondering as to other people's experience with landing while already living in Canada.

Our questions are:
1. Other than birth certificate, passport, and COPR, are any other documents required? (all his stuff he already has here when he moved over on the work permit, so there are no forms to fill out there)

2. Has anyone had issues with landing? We are literally going to the border and turning around to come back, but I wondered if anyone has had issues with them saying some documents were missed. What would happen in this case? Could he come back into Canada on his work permit to get the documents required to land, or is that it, he's used up the "one time entry" for the visa?

3. Any other advise in general? We are quite nervous about this, and wonder if I will be questioned as well as the sponsor?

shamrock

Star Member
Feb 13, 2009
Don't stress...the hard part is over...deep breaths! ;)

Passport w/ visa, COPR and birth cert. would be the most he would need I would think.
The interview is not a grilling type interview, it is just for them to make sure your status has not changed regarding your criminal record, dependents, and marital/relationship status. Our interview took 5 minutes and no, the sponsor was not questioned.

I didn't do a flagpole landing but I'm sure it will be no big deal...there are other accounts of flagpole landings on here, try doing a search.

Sit back and relax! You're on the home stretch!! Congrats!

mitamata

Nov 21, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2009
AOR Received.
27-03-2009
Med's Done....
03-12-2008
Passport Req..
29-04-2009
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2009
LANDED..........
27-07-2009
Maybe have some immigration photos with you (for the PR card). They don't normally ask for them, but once in a blue moon they do. Never heard of anyone failing to land for not having them though.

All I needed was my passport and COPR. I landed at an airport though.

Best advice? Calm down. The landing is no big deal, just a formality really. You'll be fine. Good luck! ^^