+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Questions about interview, please help!

Gotchaa

Star Member
Aug 9, 2007
Hello everyone, I am a principal applicant for family class sponsership permanent resident visa application as spouse of my canadian wife from Quebec. I have received a letter to appear for an interview from Canadian High Commission. I was wondering if anyone could help me have some ideas about the probability of success in interview and what kind of questions are asked usually for family class applicant. I am a 35 years old pakistani citizen. My wife is 39 and have two kids from her previous marriage. Her ex was also a pakistani. We met on internet and know eachother for more than 7 years now. She has visited me twice during the last three years and stayed with me for more than four months in total, during which period we also got married. I have received selection certificate from the Quebec immigration already and all my paper work is in order. I am a government employee at the moment. Thank you very much.

This is the second time I have written something in this forum and nobody seems to be kind enough to reply me. What do i have to write here to so that I can get some help? I feel very dissapointed with this forum.

tamee

Jul 25, 2007
this forum is the best, and everyone is soooo friendly!! maybe no one knows the answer to your question?

Gotchaa

Star Member
Aug 9, 2007
Dear Wyder and Tamee,
thanks for your responses and Wyder yes the site you told me is very helpful but it has also made me tense a bit cuz some questions are tricky...but thanks a lot for your help...take care

Gotchaa

Star Member
Aug 9, 2007
hello again all, My interview is in the third week or September 2007, how long it will take after an interview for CIC to tell me the result of my application? Is it possible for me to reach canada and be with my wife and kids by first week of December 2007? That is offcourse if I get my application approved!
take care

Gotchaa

Star Member
Aug 9, 2007
Thaiguy thanks for your advice, I never thought of lying on the first place or concealing any information and have no intentions of doing so going forward. All I am worried about is that a similar case like me has been refused in 2006 where in a canadian woman married to a pakistani guy was refused to sponsor her husband on the grounds that it was not a genuine marriage because pakistani guy does not marry a divorced canadian woman having custody of a kid from her previous marriage, since it is against his culture and social norms. My case is similar, my spouse was divorced and has two kids from her previous marriage, plus she is few years older than me. We had absolutely no problem in having a relationship and we got married and lived together for more than four months at different occassions. My family did not make a fuss about who I am marrying as long as they realise I am happy with my wife. Her family is ok with her decision to marry as well. But how could anyone make the canadian official in Islamabad beleive that not every pakistani man has similar social norms or inhibitions. Why did I marry her? Well I love her and i know her for more than 7 years now and I dont want to live and spend the rest of my life with anyone else but her. is that good enough for them to beleive me?

brule

Apr 24, 2006
If you think of it what else can you say. I see it as this interview will give you the opportunity to convince the immigration officer that your situation is not the norm.

Also the search feature of the site may have the answers you are looking for. But yes i understand that every situation is different.

Gotchaa

Star Member
Aug 9, 2007
Thanks for your reply, I am feeling less tense than before because i have realised that i only have to speak the truth. I am keeping a positive attitude about that. After all, will they be so cruel to ask me to come to their embassy in islamabad spending considerable money in travelling and accomodation just to get a rejection? They could have rejected our case earlier if they were not satisfied. I feel they only want to make sure that the person behind all those documents is a genuine person and no one else. Probably they would like to see my ability to communicate.

MJ_Jel

Oct 11, 2007
Hello,

I am new to the whole process and was wondering if anyone had any information reagrding the types of questions asked in an interview beyon all the ones posted on the various web-sites. I was wondering if they get into personal background type questions and how they generally determine if a relationship is of convenience or not.

What are the best tips and advice, information can anyone provide me? I appreciate any feedback and have been enjoying reading about all of your experiences.

Gotchaa

Star Member
Aug 9, 2007
There is no definite set of questions anyone can provide you about an interview. The best advise is to be truthful and say what you mean. They usually ask disturbing questions and along with very basic questions like where you live and work even though you wonder that you have already provided all the information on the forms but yet they ask your date of birth and your spouses as well. My experience has been not so good with an interview and they usually suspect you for marriage of convenience if you have married a white canadian. Since i dont know exactly what is the nature of your marriage where you belong from and who have you married I cant give you much advise as such.Wish you all the best.