+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

questions about additional documents/paperwork after PR visa

anxious

Jun 21, 2008
Hello everybody,

I have a few questions that I need you to help me answer. I submitted an application for spousal sponsorship about 15 months ago, and just last week my husband received a letter informing him that the permanent resident visa is ready for collection. He will have to come to HongKong to pick it up. I would like to know if he will need any additional document/paperwork before he can book his flight to Canada? Will the government be sending me any documents?

Since I was the sponsor, why didn't they just send me the permanent residence visa so I can forward it to him? Can I make such request so that he doesn't have to travel all the way to HongKong to pick it up.

Thank you for your help.

locolynn

May 19, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-07
AOR Received.
08-06-07
Interview........
06-12-07/09-24-08/09-27-11
Hi - I'm sorry I don't have the answer to your question, but can I ask... where is your husband coming from? I submitted sponsorship 14 months ago - so your case makes me feel hopeful! Would you mind detailing a little of your process?

Lynn

ThirstyDeer

Star Member
Feb 10, 2008
Did you apply via the outside method or the inland method?

Is your husband staying in Canada with you? Are you in Canada?

Just trying to understand your situation.

anxious

Jun 21, 2008
ThirstyDeer said:
Did you apply via the outside method or the inland method?

Is your husband staying in Canada with you? Are you in Canada?

Just trying to understand your situation.
I'm a canadian citizen living in Canada.

I submitted the application to the CPC in Mississauga and after waiting for 15 months, my husband finally got the PR visa.

He's Chinese living in China.

Thanks for your help.

LCS

May 5, 2005
anxious said:
Hello everybody,

I have a few questions that I need you to help me answer. I submitted an application for spousal sponsorship about 15 months ago, and just last week my husband received a letter informing him that the permanent resident visa is ready for collection. He will have to come to HongKong to pick it up. I would like to know if he will need any additional document/paperwork before he can book his flight to Canada? Will the government be sending me any documents?

Since I was the sponsor, why didn't they just send me the permanent residence visa so I can forward it to him? Can I make such request so that he doesn't have to travel all the way to HongKong to pick it up.

Thank you for your help.
The PR Visa is issued TO the person who's name it is for. I would think it's one of those very VALUABLE documents that CIC will only release to the person who's name is on it so they know the person received it. It is a travel visa to be able to get here and "land" in Canada and begin the paperwork for the status of "landed immigrant".

pea

Apr 23, 2008
maybe it is possible for your husband to send his passport to Hong Kong for the visa and have it couriered back to his home in China. Not sure if this will work but some people on this forum have done something like this. We will be in similar situation soon (hopefully) so would definitely try this route. Get your husband to communicate with the visa office in Hong Kong to see whether he could send the passport instead of going in person!

Althought Hong Kong is a lovely place to visit =)

pea