+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question To all international students applicants under CEC

_dash

Aug 17, 2015
Hi all!
I've been wondering if there is any information or insight on how many of international students working on PGWP received their PR in the last year. If there are some PGWP workers here in this forum- would you share your story? How long was the whole process and how long u had to wait for invitation to apply? Did you try OINP? Is there anyway to speed up the process somehow or it all comes to wait?

I'm curious because I'm in this boat of working on PGWP and its expiring next summer, so in s bit over a year. I have applied to OINP end of January and try to wait for nomination patiently. I've been living here for almost 5 years and it would quite disappointing to come back to my country. I studied 3 years here, and my Canadian work experience is going to be two years soon. My NOC is 5241, graphic designers and illustrators.

For anyone has something to share , either their story, opinion or something that have have heard or know I would much appreciate it.

Thank you

GagamM

Star Member
Dec 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04/04/2016
AOR Received.
04/05/2016
Med's Done....
14/05/2016
Passport Req..
02/11/2016
Hey I applied for OPNP in March of 2015 and till today they haven't completed my employer pre-screen. I got fed up of waiting for them to do something so i calculated my express entry points and i was eligible. got my ITA in 2 days after creating the express entry profile and just submitted my ePR on the 6th of may.
I also have 2 years of work experience here and my Work permit is expiring in march next year so i couldn't wait. my suggestion to you is to check if you are eligible for express entry and work towards that.
good luck

vurtuwant

Mar 17, 2016
I applied after working on PGWP, but under the old system - it sounds like you are asking about the new Express Entry.
Timeline in case it's of any help:
Applied Sept 9th 2014 after getting just under 2 years' work experience
AOR February 2015, Decision Made May 8 2016.

immigrantbee

May 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottowa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014/ Received 18-09-2014
AOR Received.
30-01-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
Done upfront
Med's Done....
Feb 2, 2016
Passport Req..
Permanent residency fee- requested March 23-
VISA ISSUED...
April 6, 2016
LANDED..........
April 28, 2016
Hi!

I was on a PWGP for 3 years and I recently got my PR under CEC. The whole process took 19 months and 1 BOWP for 1 year while I was waiting for my PR. I can say that the only trick here was getting enough hours to qualify for the program. I have a friend who tried to get a Nomination for the Nominee program and got fed up with waiting, so I think I would go for Express Entry if I were you. Also, I would apply for PR as soon as you are eligible and, if you can, well before your current work permit expires.It will save you the stress of waiting for permits and all that jazz. In my case, I applied for BWOP without my AOR because CIC was taking forever and my permit was about to expire, had to wait 4 and 1/2 moths for new permit which stressed me out and my employer too, as I was on implied status. So my advice is get a full time job as soon a you can and apply for your PR after 1 year of experience.
Also, try and apply for PR well in advance before your current visa expires.

riddymon

Jun 26, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I was PGWP as well.....my timeline is below but here's the full story:

Hit my 1 year experience on March 3rd last year. Created my EE profile and my score was 448. Don't think the score has reached that low yet and was nowhere near there back when EE first started. Wanted to get NSPNP but they only had the demand express entry and my company wouldn't fill out the NS-100 form. LUCKILY.........nova scotia has been going through brain drain with a lot of people moving out west to work so we had a meeting at work letting us know that NS would be creating a new stream more geared to international grads and people with work experience in NS. That came live in may as NS Experience - Express Entry. That was live in May.

I applied around mid May, got my provincial nomination 2 week later (it's REALLY fast). Then got my ITA the same day I received nomination. Submitted my PR application on August 5th, got my AOR same day. Got S4 and CELPIP request on August 17th. CPP request on September 1st.....then nothing until PPR in January and landing in February. So the whole process from nomination to Landing has been around 9-10 months.

ssiddharthsuresh

Star Member
May 12, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-01-2017
AOR Received.
10-01-2017
Passport Req..
16-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
22-03-2017
LANDED..........
23-03-2017
Hi , I am currently waiting to get my one year of work experience. I am on PGWP and started working in noc code 2211 after a long search for jobs.
My work experience period,
Job 1: March 9, 2015- September 4, 2015 (Contract full time)
Job 2: October 6, 2015- November 20, 2015 (Casual full time-worked more than 30 hours/week)
Job 3(current): April 4-present
How many more months do I require to be eligible to enter the EE pool? I am a masters graduate from Canada with the following CELPIP scores R-10, W-9, L-10, S-8.

based on these criteria, how many points do you think I would get? I heard they are going to give extra points to make it easy for Canadian grads to apply for immigration, is it true?

Please help me

GagamM

Star Member
Dec 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04/04/2016
AOR Received.
04/05/2016
Med's Done....
14/05/2016
Passport Req..
02/11/2016
ssiddharthsuresh said:
Hi , I am currently waiting to get my one year of work experience. I am on PGWP and started working in noc code 2211 after a long search for jobs.
Job 2: October 6, 2015- November 20, 2015 (Casual full time-worked more than 30 hours/week)
How many more months do I require to be eligible to enter the EE pool? I am a masters graduate from Canada with the following CELPIP scores R-10, W-9, L-10, S-8.

based on these criteria, how many points do you think I would get? I heard they are going to give extra points to make it easy for Canadian grads to apply for immigration, is it true?

Please help me

Sidharth,
I think you are eligible to apply under CEC, if you have worked since March 2015 on a PGWP and the jobs were in NOC 0,A,B category- then you are eligible because now for CEC you dont need continuous work. You only need 1 year experience it could be from different jobs.

Review this link- it will help you decide.
"Work experience need not be continuous under the CEC.

Applicants do not have to be employed at the time of application, but they must have temporary status during the qualifying period of work experience acquired in Canada [R87.1(3)(c)]."

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/econ/cec/work.asp

Naheulbeuck

Aug 14, 2015
ssiddharthsuresh said:
Assuming that all this experience was in approved jobs for CEC (Noc O, A or B):
Job 1: pretty much 6 months.
Job 2: Pretty much a month and a half (doesn't matter more than 30 hours, max counted is 30).
Job 3: you need pretty much 5 month (in order to be safe), you'll need to ensure you have enough but i would say that by early September you should have one year.

_dash

Aug 17, 2015
GagamM said:
Hey I applied for OPNP in March of 2015 and till today they haven't completed my employer pre-screen. I got fed up of waiting for them to do something so i calculated my express entry points and i was eligible. got my ITA in 2 days after creating the express entry profile and just submitted my ePR on the 6th of may.
I also have 2 years of work experience here and my Work permit is expiring in march next year so i couldn't wait. my suggestion to you is to check if you are eligible for express entry and work towards that.
good luck
Hey,Thanks for the insight
I think I'm eligible... I have created a profile end of December and recently my score got boosted to 451. Now I'm waiting for the invitation to apply and for OINP to get back to me-I don't know what else I can do now. I hope I'll get invited soon as there were draws for 450 and higher... Not to worried about my status currently but of course I'd love to get my status rather sooner than later.

_dash

Aug 17, 2015
vurtuwant said:
I applied after working on PGWP, but under the old system - it sounds like you are asking about the new Express Entry.
Timeline in case it's of any help:
Applied Sept 9th 2014 after getting just under 2 years' work experience
AOR February 2015, Decision Made May 8 2016.
Yeah I was taking about express entry. If the old system was still on I would have probably received it already however you never know and I don't want to make any conclusions. Just waiting. Patiently. Standing by.

_dash

Aug 17, 2015
ssiddharthsuresh said:

Please help me
I'm not sure about the points ...but you're already eligible to apply :) yes there are talks about giving some extra credits or points, but it's not clear and there are no decisions made yet. I'd recommend to stick with the current system and try to make the most possible out of it...but If they do so, than that's great :)

_dash

Aug 17, 2015
immigrantbee said:
Hi!

I was on a PWGP for 3 years and I recently got my PR under CEC. The whole process took 19 months and 1 BOWP for 1 year while I was waiting for my PR. I can say that the only trick here was getting enough hours to qualify for the program. I have a friend who tried to get a Nomination for the Nominee program and got fed up with waiting, so I think I would go for Express Entry if I were you. Also, I would apply for PR as soon as you are eligible and, if you can, well before your current work permit expires.It will save you the stress of waiting for permits and all that jazz. In my case, I applied for BWOP without my AOR because CIC was taking forever and my permit was about to expire, had to wait 4 and 1/2 moths for new permit which stressed me out and my employer too, as I was on implied status. So my advice is get a full time job as soon a you can and apply for your PR after 1 year of experience.
Also, try and apply for PR well in advance before your current visa expires.
19 months is a lot... Wow. I can't imagine waiting for that long! Yes I'm working full time , for two years now... Wish I could just apply for PR, I'm eligible for CEC Since last year...this waiting for ITA and nomination is frustrating.