+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question Regarding PRRA

VancouverIsland

May 2, 2018
I applied to extend my work permit and received this message on my gckey today *=*=

Dear
This confirms that your application has been received by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship
Canada (IRCC) on _____________________ (yyyy/mm/dd).
Please attach this letter to your present work permit Number as proof that you
are authorized to continue working with the same conditions (ie: employer and occupation) until March 15 2022
or until a decision is made on your application, whichever is first. This
extended period of work is authorized as per subsection 186(u) of the Immigration and Refugee
Protection Regulations. If you leave Canada before a decision is made on your application, you
will no longer be authorized to continue working.
When will IRCC contact me?
You are expected to provide a COPY of your passport with your electronic application. If IRCC
needs your physical passport, IRCC will request that you submit it to our office. IRCC will also
contact you if we require additional information, documents or an interview. For general guidance
on what to expect, you can visit
or consult the “What
Happens Next” section of the instruction guide associated with the application form you used.

---=-=-
My PRRA application is still in process
Any idea what this means?
Thank you

Bornlucky

May 15, 2018
Hi - I wonder what is confusing you with this letter? It seems clear that the letter with your accompanying work permit allows you to continue with employment in Canada. As for the PRRA - a Pre-Removal Risk Assessment: this is the process to determine what risks may exist should you be removed from Canada.

I didn't read all of your previous posts but saw that there was a failed refugee claim, a failed spousal sponsorship and then a subsequent, undecided spousal sponsorship from a different sponsor. I don't know what country you're from so who can say what the odds of success for the PRRA might be, but the subsequent spousal sponsorship isn't promising thanks to it being the second attempt for an inland approval.

At any rate, it seems as though you can keep working without it being a concern for your employer as per the details within this letter.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I applied to extend my work permit and received this message on my gckey today *=*=

Dear
This confirms that your application has been received by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship
Canada (IRCC) on _____________________ (yyyy/mm/dd).
Please attach this letter to your present work permit Number as proof that you
are authorized to continue working with the same conditions (ie: employer and occupation) until March 15 2022
or until a decision is made on your application, whichever is first. This
extended period of work is authorized as per subsection 186(u) of the Immigration and Refugee
Protection Regulations. If you leave Canada before a decision is made on your application, you
will no longer be authorized to continue working.
When will IRCC contact me?
You are expected to provide a COPY of your passport with your electronic application. If IRCC
needs your physical passport, IRCC will request that you submit it to our office. IRCC will also
contact you if we require additional information, documents or an interview. For general guidance
on what to expect, you can visit
or consult the “What
Happens Next” section of the instruction guide associated with the application form you used.

---=-=-
My PRRA application is still in process
Any idea what this means?
Thank you
You will be contacted when it is determined if you qualify for PPRA. Very few people do qualify. What country are you from?

Reactions: VancouverIsland