+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question regarding my admission at Centennial College in Toronto

harzinder

Dec 16, 2009
Hi

I am new to this forum and looking for some help.

I came to Canada in Dec. 2009 on student visa based on my admission in centennial college in Toronto. I have paid my first semester fee of about $6000. My classes are starting from Jan. 11 but I now I decided to study in BCIT in BC for which I have started my admission process. I am not sure that I will get admission for January 2010 intake as they have a wait list for January. But I am sure that I will get admission in September 2010 (which is the next intake for the progam I am interested in).

I have some questions and that will be great if someone can help me out.

1. Is it possible to apply for refund of my tuition fee from Centennial College. The deadline to apply for refund in Jan. 19th . They need a proof in order to refund my partial tuition fee such as acceptance in another institution or plane ticket. Let us assume that I will get acceptance for Sept 2010 intake from BCIT, will that be considered as a proof.
2. If I didn’t get accepted for Jan. 2010 at BCIT, what are my option while I will be waiting for my classes to start at BCIT in September 2010.
3. Since my Study permit is expiring in July 2011, is it possible to extend my study permit since I won’t be able to finish my study if I didn’t get accepted for January 2010 intake at BCIT.
4. Is it objectionalble to Canadian Immigration Authorities that I will be siting at home (from Jan. 2010 to Sept. 2010) doing nothing but just waiting for my classes to start in September 2010.

Please, if someone can help me with this, I will really appreciate that. And wish me good luck that I will be accepted for Jan. 2010 intake at BCIT then there will be no problem at all.

With kind regards,

Harzinder

Sumeet

Jan 22, 2009
Hi Harzinder,

I'm also in a similar situation. If you have got any information/feed-back, please share with me. I have just landed 2 days ago.

ramanbeedh

Jan 7, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-02-2011
AOR Received.
04-03-2011
IELTS Request
submitted with app
File Transfer...
27-04-2011
Med's Request
28-09-2011
Med's Done....
8-11-2011
Hi harzinder,
U r in canada. I would be greatful if u can tel me which college is cheaper in terms of fee and gud education.

A

arorasumit

I have applied for 4 year program with Sprott Shaw Community College. It is a little steep though. $12000/year. My wife will be coming to Canada with me and apply for an oen work permit. So, she can work while I finish my degree.

Spanxx

Jan 28, 2010
@ poster

1. your best bet will be to talk to one of the international students advisers on campus at Centennial College
2. If you don't get accepted into BCIT, you can always apply or transfer to other college/Universities.
3. Yes, you can renew your study permit. They will require a note from your school though. Usually from the office of international students.
4. this part, I am not so sure about. It won't hurt for you to call the CIC call center @ 1 888 242‑2100 to verify. You really don't have to provide your name/details but they will sure guide on how to go about this.

All the best!