+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question regarding Indian PCC for non-resident Indian

gauravahluwalia

Star Member
Dec 3, 2017
Category........
FSW
Hey guys,

My background before my question; I am an Indian living in Qatar for the past 15+ years. Now I got my ITA last month and I have been collecting my documents etc in order to submit the application.

Now for the PCC; went to the Indian embassy in Qatar to get my PCC but apparently due to very recent rule changes (the officer said it was changed just around 6 months back) they issue the Indian PCC only "FOR QATAR'.
Basically, it means that my PCC states:

THIS IS TO CERTIFY THAT THERE IS NO ADVERSE INFORMATION (INCLUDING CRIMINAL RECORDS) AGAINST MR. xxxxxxxx FOR THE PERIOD OF HIS STAY IN INDIA WHICH WOULD RENDER HIM INELIGIBLE FOR THE GRANT OF TRAVEL FACILITIES INCLUDING VISA FOR QATAR.

Apparently the officer said that the embassies only issue the Indian PCC for the CURRENT RESIDENCE countries (in my case Qatar) and in order to get PCC for migration to anywhere else, I have to go to the passport office around my hometown (based on the address on my passport wherein my case I don't even live anymore).

So my question is, is there any workaround for this? It seems ridiculous that I have to travel all the way to India just for a PCC.

FYI, I have already had my Qatar PCC (since its where I live) and UK PCC as well (had studied there for a year)

Thanks in advance :)

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
Hey guys,

My background before my question; I am an Indian living in Qatar for the past 15+ years. Now I got my ITA last month and I have been collecting my documents etc in order to submit the application.

Now for the PCC; went to the Indian embassy in Qatar to get my PCC but apparently due to very recent rule changes (the officer said it was changed just around 6 months back) they issue the Indian PCC only "FOR QATAR'.

THIS IS TO CERTIFY THAT THERE IS NO ADVERSE INFORMATION (INCLUDING CRIMINAL RECORDS) AGAINST MR. xxxxxxxx FOR THE PERIOD OF HIS STAY IN INDIA WHICH WOULD RENDER HIM INELIGIBLE FOR THE GRANT OF TRAVEL FACILITIES INCLUDING VISA FOR QATAR.

Apparently the officer said that the embassies only issue the Indian PCC for the CURRENT RESIDENCE countries (in my case Qatar) and in order to get PCC for migration to anywhere else, I have to go to the passport office around my hometown (based on the address on my passport wherein my case I don't even live anymore).

So my question is, is there any workaround for this? It seems ridiculous that I have to travel all the way to India just for a PCC.

FYI, I have already had my Qatar PCC (since its where I live) and UK PCC as well (had studied there for a year)

Never heard of this rule. People are still getting PCC from Indian Embassies for Canada throughout the world. You can't get it from Passport Office as your PCC should be issued after your last visit. When you get the PCC from passport office, you will be in India still.

gauravahluwalia

Star Member
Dec 3, 2017
Category........
FSW
Never heard of this rule. People are still getting PCC from Indian Embassies for Canada throughout the world. You can't get it from Passport Office as your PCC should be issued after your last visit. When you get the PCC from passport office, you will be in India still.
Well, I CAN get PCC from the Indian embassy in Qatar, except that it specifically states that its only FOR QATAR.
I visit India multiple times btw (never stayed more than 2 months though) so that should be fine right?

Better question would be: Will I need a PCC from India considering its ONLY my country of citizenship and I havent lived there ever since i was like 8-9 year old?

mabdulraheem.06

Jan 24, 2018
Well, I CAN get PCC from the Indian embassy in Qatar, except that it specifically states that its only FOR QATAR.
I visit India multiple times btw (never stayed more than 2 months though) so that should be fine right?

Better question would be: Will I need a PCC from India considering its ONLY my country of citizenship and I havent lived there ever since i was like 8-9 year old?
Since you hold indian passport, you would need an indian PCC, whether you have stayed there or not, they would want a local police clearance certificate.
You need to take an online appointment in the local area passport office, nearest to your address provided in the passport. Should take max 3 days.

naveenkhatri

May 4, 2016
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
29-12-2018
Hi Gaurav,

I got my PCC here in Dubai from BLS. They are authorized to process PCC here on behalf of Indian Govt. However, I had to visit Indian Consolate to seek an approval before submitting application. You can google, if they have any office there too.

all the best...!!!

smcan2014

Oct 27, 2014
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
06-01-2017
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........

If you have not lived in India in the last ten years then you dont't need PCC for India

smcan2014

Oct 27, 2014
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
06-01-2017
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Since you hold indian passport, you would need an indian PCC, whether you have stayed there or not, they would want a local police clearance certificate.
You need to take an online appointment in the local area passport office, nearest to your address provided in the passport. Should take max 3 days.
PCC rules have changed. If you have not lived in a country for the last ten years then you don't need PCC for that country. And if it is within the 10 year period, then your stay would have to atleast 6 months in a row.

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
Incorrect information!

You don't need a PCC from a country just because you hold the citizenship of that country.

Chobz

Jun 27, 2018
Hi
Hey guys,

I m in the same situation..rite now..can u guide plz...thanks

gauravahluwalia

Star Member
Dec 3, 2017
Category........
FSW
Hi

I m in the same situation..rite now..can u guide plz...thanks

Hi,
Sorry for the late reply.
So I had spoken to my agent and I was told that I can submit the PCC as it is and it shouldn't be an issue since if you think about it, if it says you have no adverse records even for one country it should be applicable to other countries as well.
Secondly, if IRCC does have an issue, they will come back to you at later stage for clarification.
I had submitted my application on 27th April and as of now there's no issues with the PCC so I think it should be fine regardless.

abhiram.kumar

Star Member
Dec 7, 2018
PCC rules have changed. If you have not lived in a country for the last ten years then you don't need PCC for that country. And if it is within the 10 year period, then your stay would have to atleast 6 months in a row.
This was my confusion. I am currently living in the UAE and have been here for more than 20 years. I tend to visit India every year but the duration of each visit never exceeds 2 months. The immigration website clearly states that the system wouldn't ask for one if we haven't stayed in one particular country for more than six months in a row in the last ten years. However, there is a possibility that an immigration officer might ask for one after the application has been submitted. In such situations, is it okay if we get one from India rather than going through the embassy?

Cevapi

Aug 20, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-09-2018
AOR Received.
05-09-2018
Med's Done....
29-09-2018
Hey guys,

Hey, I am a SEP 05 aor and got PPR on Jan 24. You don't need an Indian PCC if you haven't resided there 6 months in a row in the last ten years. I can confirm this as they didn't ask me for it and I didn't even bother applying for it.

Cevapi

Aug 20, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-09-2018
AOR Received.
05-09-2018
Med's Done....
29-09-2018
This was my confusion. I am currently living in the UAE and have been here for more than 20 years. I tend to visit India every year but the duration of each visit never exceeds 2 months. The immigration website clearly states that the system wouldn't ask for one if we haven't stayed in one particular country for more than six months in a row in the last ten years. However, there is a possibility that an immigration officer might ask for one after the application has been submitted. In such situations, is it okay if we get one from India rather than going through the embassy?
You won't need it 99.99999%, from my experience. I'm in UAE btw.