+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question regarding Application Fees and impact on Application Fees when your application is returned?

Savak

Star Member
Jun 2, 2015
I had applied for the Spousal Sponsorship Application for my spouse on March 30, 2020. After 14 months the IRCC returned my entire package back to me stating one application form was missing and that the checklist i had used was outdated. They requested me to reapply again.

When i originally applied, i obviously paid the full cost of the spousal sponsorship application along with the Permanent Residence Processing Fee which came to around a total of $1,125. So far i have not been refunded this fee yet.

My question is when i reapply again, should i repay the $1,125 application fee again or should i just reattach the previous slip of $1,125 with my application form? Is the IRCC bound to refund me the $1,125. The last thing i want is to reapply again using the original receipt only for the IRCC to return my application again saying that i did not pay the Application processing fee for my new application.

Underhill

Feb 5, 2020
Vancouver, BC
You don't have to pay again - your original receipts will do.

However, I believe one or two fees have increased since March 2020, so check the current fee schedule and pay the difference on any updated fees, then include the receipts for these additional payments.

Also, the IRCC should have included a note with your returned application listing the missing docs - include a copy of that document at the very top of your updated application packet when you return it. You need to let them know that you've complied with their requirement for the missing docs, so if the new person assigned to your case thinks there are additional issues with the application they won't return it again. This exact thing happened to me: I was originally a February 2020 applicant, and my app was returned for a missing doc. I included the missing doc and their list of missing documents. I sent my updated application back, and sure enough, they decided that something else was missing. Rather than sending it back they sent me a letter saying the previous IRCC agent should have requested the additional missing document with the original return.

So sorry your application was returned after waiting so long.

frange

May 25, 2018
I had applied for the Spousal Sponsorship Application for my spouse on March 30, 2020. After 14 months the IRCC returned my entire package back to me stating one application form was missing and that the checklist i had used was outdated. They requested me to reapply again.

When i originally applied, i obviously paid the full cost of the spousal sponsorship application along with the Permanent Residence Processing Fee which came to around a total of $1,125. So far i have not been refunded this fee yet.

My question is when i reapply again, should i repay the $1,125 application fee again or should i just reattach the previous slip of $1,125 with my application form? Is the IRCC bound to refund me the $1,125. The last thing i want is to reapply again using the original receipt only for the IRCC to return my application again saying that i did not pay the Application processing fee for my new application.
You won't receive a refund if you don't make a request for.
1- You can use the same payment form; but double check the amount.
2- Photos ID are non valid since more than 6 months.
3- PCC are non valid either
4- Change all the forms since they may be outdated or just to be in the safe side
5-Return the original check list or the letter IRCC sent with the old package + letter explaining that is a return parkage . So that you can receive your AOR quickly.