+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

question please

Chinaconnection

Star Member
Dec 9, 2008
Hello everyone,

Just one quick question. Is it neccessary (when doing the medicals ) to alert the doctor that you are taking some treament for any illness ?

Thank you for your answers

Chinaconnection

Star Member
Dec 9, 2008
Okay guys,

Thanks alot for your answers. I thought taking something like folic acid , an iron suplement will not be neccessary to indicate.

helpmeimmigrate

Star Member
Feb 16, 2009
Oh yes, that is not necessary you just need to be alert that if you lie about anything and it gets caught in you tests , you will be in trouble, but the blood tests does not include this follic acid thing its only for TB and HIV so you should be fine. You dont have to say this. Its up to you though.

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Helpmeimmigrate,

How about Diabetes, as I have seen this on the medical's questionnaire form you have to fill. Does type2 diabetes or Type 1 diabetes have a negative impact on one's case? I think your response to this will help a lot of people.

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Vancouver British Columbia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
BobbyB said:
Helpmeimmigrate,

How about Diabetes, as I have seen this on the medical's questionnaire form you have to fill. Does type2 diabetes or Type 1 diabetes have a negative impact on one's case? I think your response to this will help a lot of people.
Type 1 maybe Type 2 not generally

NewYorker

Nov 4, 2008
I know people with type 2 diabetes immigrated and got the PR without any problems. I am not sure about type 1 diabetes though, that is sometimes complicated as is juvenile diabetes . and may require further tests. Once again you need to to tell if you have diabetes and doctor will do the rest, if you don't know you have diabetes and it come up in the test then they will inform you rather rejecting you.

Chinaconnection

Star Member
Dec 9, 2008
Helpmeimmigrate, Bobbyb, Newyoker, everyone,

Thanks for making things clear.But do you think taking treatment for other illnesses( apart from TB and HIV ) would change the results of your tests in anyway ? I know it is good to tell the truth .Or, if someone is taking some treatment for some illnesses say, the treatment ends maybe a day before he or she does the medicals , is it still neccessary to indicate.? Your clarifications may help other pple too.

NB, I am not afraid of medicals, just helping other pple to be aware of certain things .

NewYorker

Nov 4, 2008
If I took Nyquil for a flu or took antibiotics for some infection in the past (even if it was over yesterday), I will not mention it because it is over and I do not need any treatment, this is for the ongoing treatments and drugs you are taking.

Lets say someone has arthritis or carpal tunnel and taking painkillers for it everyday, you sure want to mention this as this will be clear to them and they are not going to reject you on that.

dream_Can

Star Member
Oct 5, 2009
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-07-2014
IELTS Request
Sent vd docs
VISA ISSUED...
11-11-2015
LANDED..........
21-07-2016
My wife has rheumatoid arthritis and is taking medicines / steroids from since >2 years. she also had an injection therapy costing 400,000 for it last year and may be a repetition after 2-3 years will be required. Is it going to effect my case. as this disease involves huge cost. i ve read somewhere that in case of a spouse a huge cost factor donot effect the decision.

Spanxx

Jan 28, 2010
It is really up to you as I don't think that this will change anything discovered during the course of the medical result....which in turn, will be mailed out to CIC.