+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question on Medical and Visa

NC

Mar 6, 2007
Also, the In Process status does not mean anything. Usually this status is updated much after you hear from them.

In my case, I have been asked to send the Passports but my status online still says we have received your medical file and In process.

NC

monica_5

Mar 28, 2007
Hi Shabab,

Thanks for your last reply. It was originally H1B1 and then extension is H1B. What you said in your last post "no problem with GC nad PR simultaneously" does that still apply?

IS there a difference between H1 and H1B?

Thanks,
Monica

Nouna

Apr 3, 2007
NC said:
Considering the fact that it takes around 2 to 3 months for the folks satying in the US to hear from the Canadian consulate in Buffalo after their medical test, it does not suprise me at all.
I think it might be a norm for them to take 4 months to process applications from Egypt.

When you went for the medical tests did they give you the reports. Normally they give you a copy of the reports here in the US. If you know the results and all is well , you should not have any issues.

NC.
Hi NC ,

pls note that it passed more than 4 months and still no reply and I were not given the medical results , I was just given some froms to present to the designated doctor and I am still waiting for a reply . I did not pay the landing fees or make the required transfer of funds as they didn't ask me yet to do so , I just don't want to wait forever , I really need to know when will they be able to call me to proceed , will it take another 4 months or what ?!!

Thanks alot for help

mirza02

Apr 18, 2007
Hello shadab,

Lookslike you have some useful information to share with and appreciate the way you are sharing with others.

Hope you can help me out in finding few answers. Firstly no idea what happens after medical.Shall i assume that i am thru with PR

Here is my questions and concerns.

I had an interview at detroit. They had few concerns about my previous employment which I believe its clear. After the interview they handed me the medical documents and asked to do medical and finger prints again.
Hopefully by next week i will do it.

The question is

Whats the next step after this. Will i be getting PR directly or do i have to send the passport for visa first and then i get the PR.

and the concern is
My wife and kid is planning to go to India for 4 - 5 months, i thought i will get the PR now and i can go to Canada first and call my wife and kid from India. If they go to India and if CIC asks for there passport for visas, then i assume it will be a problem or can they mail there passports from India for visa.

Thanks in advance, really appreciate it

shabab

Star Member
Jan 25, 2007
Dear Mirza Saheb

I have some practical info thru my experience but the sad part is that I don't read the laws/regulations.

After you are done with interview. They wait for your background check and in the meantime you are asked to do the medicals.

To get the visa, you must be clean on security issues (no criminal history etc.) and your whole family must be medically fit (including you).

You must submit the Police Clearance Certificate (PCC) from each country you had lived for atleast 6 months (including India) to CIC.

Once they receive all these documents/certificates, they will ask you for your Passports (the whole family) and issue you the Visa on each Passport. They will also issue you "Confirmation of Permanent Resident" (COPR) document.

Once you get the Visa and the COPR document, you & your family must land in Canada before the expiry of the Visa.

If your family is not here during the Passport Request by CIC, then getting your family's passport thru courier/mail to you might be a problem, if they are checked by the customs. This is considered illegal in some countries.

If your family returns back from India before the date issued by the CIC for visa issuance, then you all can get the visa altogether.

I don't know which country you are residing presently.

Ask PMM, he is the chief. He might guide you better.

PMM pls respond
Thanks
Shabab