+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question on landing

victoria

Jun 9, 2004
Hello,

I have a question in regards to landing policy. We've got our immigration visas under Saskatchewan provincial program, but would like to land and settle down in Toronto, as we have close friends there. Is it possible?

Thanks,

Victoria

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

victoria said:
Hello,

I have a question in regards to landing policy. We've got our immigration visas under Saskatchewan provincial program, but would like to land and settle down in Toronto, as we have close friends there. Is it possible?

Thanks,

Victoria
Well I suggest that you read the agreement that you signed that states that you will make an attempt to settle in Saskatchewan and that is the basis that you got your PNP certificate. There is a chance that Sask. will rescind the certificate and then report that to CIC which will take steps to vacate your PR status. You may get lucky, but I wouldn't hold my breath.
It is the chance you take with abusing the system, by going through PNP without any intention of residing in the province.

PMM

ikafridi181

Feb 19, 2016
Hi,

What is the minimum time that we need to spend in a particular province before we plan to shift somewhere else? I have gone through various articles and blogs but a more definitive and confirmed answer couldn't be found.

thinkshady

Jun 26, 2016
NOC Code......
ikafridi181 said:
Hi,

What is the minimum time that we need to spend in a particular province before we plan to shift somewhere else? I have gone through various articles and blogs but a more definitive and confirmed answer couldn't be found.
There is no defined minimum time but it is highly recommended to stay in the province for sometime before you shift. You were given PR based on your interest to that Province so you need to respect that. Having said that Section 6(2) gives all Canadian citizens and permanent residents the right to move to, and live in, any province or territory.

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
thinkshady said:
There is no defined minimum time but it is highly recommended to stay in the province for sometime before you shift. You were given PR based on your interest to that Province so you need to respect that. Having said that Section 6(2) gives all Canadian citizens and permanent residents the right to move to, and live in, any province or territory.
I have heard about people (PNP) getting declined for PR renewal after moving to a different province

thinkshady

Jun 26, 2016
NOC Code......
itsmyid said:
I have heard about people (PNP) getting declined for PR renewal after moving to a different province
Like I said you should stay in the province for sometime since you intended to and have signed the docs. If you want to move to another province quickly, you should be able to show proofs that you have exhausted all options to stay further and you wanted to move. These are just recommendations just to ensure CIC does not treat you as misleading.