Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
27-12-2015
Passport Req..
05-06-2016
LANDED..........
29-06-2016
Hi,

I landed at Toronto couple of weeks ago. During the landing, I was not asked for the goods to follow list. Then, I went back to the US, and planning finally move this fall from Boston to Toronto.

Some questions:

1) Since I did not provide the goods to follow list at the time of landing, would there be a consequence of it when I try to move house items like books, clothes, kitchen wares, etc into Canada?

2) Is there a way to submit the goods to follow list before I attempt to cross the border, or will I need to do it at the border itself?

3) Could you suggest a moving company? The move is from Boston to Toronto. Have people tried moving items in a U-Haul truck?

Thanks.

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
smtele said:
Hi,

I landed at Toronto couple of weeks ago. During the landing, I was not asked for the goods to follow list. Then, I went back to the US, and planning finally move this fall from Boston to Toronto.

Some questions:

1) Since I did not provide the goods to follow list at the time of landing, would there be a consequence of it when I try to move house items like books, clothes, kitchen wares, etc into Canada?

2) Is there a way to submit the goods to follow list before I attempt to cross the border, or will I need to do it at the border itself?

3) Could you suggest a moving company? The move is from Boston to Toronto. Have people tried moving items in a U-Haul truck?

Thanks.
1. sometimes CBSA will allow you to present a goods to follow list after landing. this is at the discretion of the officer, so you need to call the office you plan to cross through or find out by bringing in your goods and hoping for the best.

2. no, the goods to follow list can only be presented and stamped at the border. there is no method for submitting it otherwise.

3. don't have info on this.