+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question on filling up work history for OINP application with current work permit in BC

yogi404

Feb 10, 2022
Hi,

I currently have a work permit from BC and have an application open in express entry pool Received a Notification of Interest message to apply through OINP. While entering details for Work History under Human Capital Priorities Stream, i came across a question "Were you issued a valid work permit for this job in Ontario? ".

For this, my work permit was issues in British Columbia so naturally my answer is No. But there is another message that appears for this, "Please note that the OINP will only consider work experience legally obtained in Canada.".

So should go ahead and have it as Yes? and ignore the question mentions Ontario or go with No considering the work permit is in British Columbia.

Please provide guidance on this.

Gabhruu

Feb 2, 2022
Hi,

I currently have a work permit from BC and have an application open in express entry pool Received a Notification of Interest message to apply through OINP. While entering details for Work History under Human Capital Priorities Stream, i came across a question "Were you issued a valid work permit for this job in Ontario? ".

For this, my work permit was issues in British Columbia so naturally my answer is No. But there is another message that appears for this, "Please note that the OINP will only consider work experience legally obtained in Canada.".

So should go ahead and have it as Yes? and ignore the question mentions Ontario or go with No considering the work permit is in British Columbia.

Hi,

hi
Did you get answer for this?

Gabhruu

Feb 2, 2022
Yeah, I opted for no.
Did you get the nomination? I got the post graduate work permit in ontario. And the question is if i got the work permit for the job which is not the case as i got the wp after studies. So I shud choose no?

mehrka

Nov 13, 2021
Did you get the nomination? I got the post graduate work permit in ontario. And the question is if i got the work permit for the job which is not the case as i got the wp after studies. So I shud choose no?
What did you do? I am in the same situation.

Raghu@9988

Oct 28, 2018
Hey everyone,In work history section there is ask for "Were you issued a valid work permit for this job in Ontario?". What to answer in this.It does not makes any sense to me.Can anyone please explain!

yashptll

Apr 9, 2024
I got the post graduate work permit from alberta and it is an open work permit. And the question is if i got the work permit for the job which is not the case as i got the wp after studies. So I shud choose no or yes? its kinda confusing!

JASLEEN KAUR1997

Sep 11, 2020
Hi,

. HI....WHAT DID YOU DO? I AM IN SAME SITUATION

JASLEEN KAUR1997

Sep 11, 2020
I got the post graduate work permit from alberta and it is an open work permit. And the question is if i got the work permit for the job which is not the case as i got the wp after studies. So I shud choose no or yes? its kinda confusing!
. HEY...I AM IN SAME SITUATION? WHAT DID YOU DO?