+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question on FBI

Blessed

Nov 16, 2007
I need to know if anyone request police records from FBI and how long did it take them to send them back. I am wondering if they are actually doing something I send everything as they request but I do not know how long it takes for them to reply. I heard 16 weeks but this seems too long. Please anyone help me

cwolf241

Jul 31, 2007
Hi, I called the fbi and spoke to them about fingerprints and background clearance. They told me to put "Please expidate and the date you need them on the outside of the envelope and also on the inside." They also suggested that they be send by 1-2 day mail and to also enclose a 1-2 return mail with it. They said they then do their best to speed things up quite a bit. That is what I did and I will keep you posted when I hear something back. Good luck

tamee

Jul 25, 2007
They told me they were only expiditing life and death cases, and i forgot to put the date on the outside of the envelope and i still got them back in 2 weeks, do you have the number to call? you could at least ask if they received your prints. do a search on the posts here, i asked about it a few months ago.

bundori

Star Member
Aug 24, 2007
I can't help but to respond with a smile that mine was sent in on 11.5 and they cashed my credit card in 4 days. i received mine on 11/30/07,

cwolf241

Jul 31, 2007
Tamee,
I live in the Tampa/St. Petersburg area in florida. I just called the Tampa office and asked if they would be kind enough to answer a couple of questions. That is how I got my information, but it sounds from the other response on here that many got their files so much faster than I could even hope for. I wish you well and hope yours and mine are as quick. Take care

Blessed

Nov 16, 2007
Thanks for the reply I did indicate that I needed by December 19/07 but I did not write it on the envelope because I send it express mail. I know it was delivered but I do not know their phone number if anyone has it please let me know. Thanks for your help

tamee

Jul 25, 2007
Thaiguy once posted this form me when i was going thru this....

The CJIS number is (304)625-5590 option#3. You will get a live person and you can ask when they received your request and whether it will be expedited.

think you'll still be ok. Keep in mind that the people who answer the phones are not the same as those doing the background checks.

I suggest you call back and ask two things very politely:
1) when did they receive your application?
2) does it show in their database that your application has a deadline?

Everything is put into a database the moment they open it. So they should be able to answer these two questions.

and he was right because the day i asked them when i might get it back and they said they were only expediting life and death cases and i would get my results back in 35 days, i went home and it was sitting there in my mailbox hahaha.