+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

QUESTION: MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE IN HK, NO NEED FOR ENDORSEMENT IN NSO?

Steph C

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
Sep 27 2012
Med's Request
April 15 2013 (re-med)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
parker24 said:
Okay. In order to be married in HK, you MUST be divorced in Philippines. No ifs, ands or buts about it. The only way around it, is to be COMMON LAW with your current SO. So you need to live with him for a year.
There is no legal divorce in the Philippines. They won't recognize a Canadian divorce. Plenty of people are married to others and are still un-divorced in the Philippines. I think what they are proposing actually makes sense. Canada will recognize a Canadian divorce. Canada will recognize a marriage in Hong Kong. They're trying to go to Canada.. to put this in perspective my partner is also still married in the Philippines however Canada recognizes us as Conjugal partners. He could get a divorce once we he is in Canada, recognized by Canada and not the Philippines.. we could be married in Canada and it would NOT be considered bigamous. But the Philippines is the only country that would not recognize this. Yes there's a way to put it through the courts.. just like Annulment, and not all of us are able to do it. I think these guys actually have a decent shot at getting a visa. In my few years hanging around here I have seen couples from the Philippines approved with quite a lot less going for them. It's the only country where Conjugal is also a viable option and there is a pretty good approval rate.

scos

Champion Member
Jun 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2012-08-01
AOR Received.
2012-10-16
Med's Request
2013-05-02
Med's Done....
2013-05-07
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
2013-05-02, In-Process: 2013-06-04, Decision Made: 2013-07-25
VISA ISSUED...
2013-07-30
LANDED..........
2013-08-18
I was just about to suggest they just do conjugal... You are just too quick!

Steph C

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
Sep 27 2012
Med's Request
April 15 2013 (re-med)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
scos said:
I was just about to suggest they just do conjugal... You are just too quick!
One of the 2011 applicants that is still on the spreadsheet had some problems and delays in their visa because of a marriage in Hong Kong. It might be worth looking up their posts. Wish I could remember who it was!

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY --> Los Angeles, CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
Steph C said:
There is no legal divorce in the Philippines. They won't recognize a Canadian divorce. Plenty of people are married to others and are still un-divorced in the Philippines. I think what they are proposing actually makes sense. Canada will recognize a Canadian divorce. Canada will recognize a marriage in Hong Kong. They're trying to go to Canada.. to put this in perspective my partner is also still married in the Philippines however Canada recognizes us as Conjugal partners. He could get a divorce once we he is in Canada, recognized by Canada and not the Philippines.. we could be married in Canada and it would NOT be considered bigamous. But the Philippines is the only country that would not recognize this. Yes there's a way to put it through the courts.. just like Annulment, and not all of us are able to do it. I think these guys actually have a decent shot at getting a visa. In my few years hanging around here I have seen couples from the Philippines approved with quite a lot less going for them. It's the only country where Conjugal is also a viable option and there is a pretty good approval rate.
I'll rephrase: Divorced in Canada. Didn't read the entire thread and just replied to that one comment.

hawks

Sep 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
july 20, 2011 (mississauga)
File Transfer...
aug 22,2011 (CEM received app)
Med's Done....
may 2011 remed - Oct 2012
Interview........
may 2012
Passport Req..
sept 23, 2011 - PP sent Oct 5,2011
VISA ISSUED...
april 4,2013
LANDED..........
may 2013
Hope my case would enlighten you a bit. I was the applicant and my husband which is the sponsor is Canadian. I was married here in the Philippines. I was a Temporary Resident in Canada for 3 years. I was able to file for divorce after a year of living in Canada and it was granted. We got married in HK and filed our application for outland spousal sponsorship and just recently we got our visa. Our case proves that Divorce in Canada and Marriage in Hk is recognized by Canadian immigration. But the struggle won't end there.... in my experience i had the hard time getting the CFO Guidance Counseling Cert since the people at the CFO did't want to recognize my divorce. Which is understandable since divorce is not recognized here. But then they asked me some more documents and gave me the GCC and CFO sticker. Me and my 2 sons are flying to Canada soon!

Wish you all the best fabanne12!

Steph C

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
Sep 27 2012
Med's Request
April 15 2013 (re-med)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
hawks said:
Hope my case would enlighten you a bit. I was the applicant and my husband which is the sponsor is Canadian. I was married here in the Philippines. I was a Temporary Resident in Canada for 3 years. I was able to file for divorce after a year of living in Canada and it was granted. We got married in HK and filed our application for outland spousal sponsorship and just recently we got our visa. Our case proves that Divorce in Canada and Marriage in Hk is recognized by Canadian immigration. But the struggle won't end there.... in my experience i had the hard time getting the CFO Guidance Counseling Cert since the people at the CFO did't want to recognize my divorce. Which is understandable since divorce is not recognized here. But then they asked me some more documents and gave me the GCC and CFO sticker. Me and my 2 sons are flying to Canada soon!

Wish you all the best fabanne12!
Congrats on that CFO sticker Hawks! My guys is in there today suffering a lot of questions! I hope we can get it the first time :)

hawks

Sep 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
may 2012
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
april 4,2013
LANDED..........
may 2013
Steph C said:
Congrats on that CFO sticker Hawks! My guys is in there today suffering a lot of questions! I hope we can get it the first time :)
Hi Steph! Thanks :) Don't worry he will get it! CFO counselors are just like that. Sometimes they think they are visa officers. LOL. When i came back last Monday the counselor told me that they were not stopping me from leaving they just wanted some more supporting documents and i was able to provide it. Now i can finally say this process is over! Goodluck on your application. Iam postive your partner will get his visa soon :D

Steph C

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
Sep 27 2012
Med's Request
April 15 2013 (re-med)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
hawks said:
Hi Steph! Thanks :) Don't worry he will get it! CFO counselors are just like that. Sometimes they think they are visa officers. LOL. When i came back last Monday the counselor told me that they were not stopping me from leaving they just wanted some more supporting documents and i was able to provide it. Now i can finally say this process is over! Goodluck on your application. Iam postive your partner will get his visa soon :D
Thanks Hawks! I hope you didn't have to travel too far to go back with the document they asked for.

hawks

Sep 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
may 2012
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
april 4,2013
LANDED..........
may 2013
Steph C said:
Thanks Hawks! I hope you didn't have to travel too far to go back with the document they asked for.
Yeah i traveled for 4 hours going back to CFO and another 4 going back home :'(

fabanne12

Apr 30, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
October 7, 2013
Hi Hawks, thanks for the message, in my case I am the Canadian and divorced, please email me .... i want to ask few questions, if it is ok with you? by the way where in Canada is your destination??? let me know! maybe i can drive and meet you someday ! :)

tekla oh

Mar 9, 2016
Hello po sa inyo... tanong ko lng po kung na resolve na tong issue mo fabanne12. I can see the postings are back in 2013. Ito rin ang problem ko ngayon.

Alidykeman

Star Member
Feb 15, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
22-7-2016 upfront
Hi I just want to share info. We just got married in hk last January . We went to phil embassy to report of our marriage in hk for them to forward to dfa manila then nso, since I' want to renew my passport using my married name , dfa required authenticated report of marriage, although our MC from hk good enough coz it's valid in canada. For me , if you will renew passport then u still have to report your marriage in hk then have it Psa authenticated.

Hope it help

Alidykeman

Star Member
Feb 15, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
22-7-2016 upfront
Ya, both single but my husband a Canadian.