+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

[Question] Latest Online Visitor Visa Time Frame

mythral

Oct 9, 2013
Hi everyone,

I applied for Canadian temporary visitor visa online last months. No response has been received yet. I happened to spot some may share same time frame as mine. Let s share the info. if anyone has heard from the CIC.

My case:
Submitted online: Sep. 4th
Original Passport asked: Sep. 21st (immediately sent from D.C)
Passport arrived at NY consulate: Sep. 24th
No response till today (Oct. 9th)

I will update status the moment I hear from CIC...

btw: is there any possibility that I could call and ask how long will the process take? thanks

subondaleru

Oct 7, 2013
visitor Visa:

Applied Online : 30 Aug
PP Request : 17 Sep
PP sent to NY : 20 Sep
PP received at NY : 24 Sep

No passport yet!

I used UPS to send my passport and also the return envelope enclosed is UPS.
I am not sure if they have a problem with private couriers and if they have sent it thru regular mail(w/o tracking) because of that?

mythral

Oct 9, 2013
That s a good guess... mine is UPS either... and looks we are on the same pace
yet that means they simply discard the UPS envelope and mail back thru regulart one? sounds not make any sense...

mythral

Oct 9, 2013
just found from another thread, you are leaving this friday ... ?
that must be tough...

subondaleru said:
visitor Visa:

Applied Online : 30 Aug
PP Request : 17 Sep
PP sent to NY : 20 Sep
PP received at NY : 24 Sep

No passport yet!

I used UPS to send my passport and also the return envelope enclosed is UPS.
I am not sure if they have a problem with private couriers and if they have sent it thru regular mail(w/o tracking) because of that?

subondaleru

Oct 7, 2013
Yes..I am going to reschedule my flight tomorrow.. :(
I am not sure if they have issues using UPS, that was just my guess...I have no idea whats going on...

ozooxo

Oct 1, 2013
transit Visa:

Applied Online: 11 Sep
PP Request: 23 Sep
PP sent to NY: 24 Sep
PP received at NY: 25 Sep
No further information until now.

Mine is USPS express mail (exactly the same as their website is asking for).

scrls5

Mar 20, 2013
Did you guys made sure to write E-APP on the envelope?

Otherwise they would be assumed to be regular paper applications and probably added to that pile

ozooxo

Oct 1, 2013
No I didn't :mad:

scrls5 said:

Otherwise they would be assumed to be regular paper applications and probably added to that pile

mythral

Oct 9, 2013
Serious... I forget maybe not... If so how long will that take then...
like treated as first-time paper application?

scrls5 said:

zhuyirong

Oct 14, 2013
Hi - I mailed my passport on Sep 23, however I lost my USPS tracking number :( How do you guys know when your passports were received at the consulate? Did you get any confirmation from the consulate itself, or do you just know by tracking the mail?

As I haven't received anything from the consulate, I'm simply worried my passport got lost somewhere :/

And yes: I also didn't note on the envelope that it's an electronic application...

Thanks!

subondaleru

Oct 7, 2013
Yes, I had my tracking number from the package and that is how, I say it reached the consulate.
I did not receive any confirmation from them mentioning that they received my passport.

mythral

Oct 9, 2013
I tracked my ups and it said received.
In my case no further msg from consulate
maybe better to call back and check...

zhuyirong said:
Hi - I mailed my passport on Sep 23, however I lost my USPS tracking number :( How do you guys know when your passports were received at the consulate? Did you get any confirmation from the consulate itself, or do you just know by tracking the mail?

As I haven't received anything from the consulate, I'm simply worried my passport got lost somewhere :/

And yes: I also didn't note on the envelope that it's an electronic application...

Thanks!

ozooxo

Oct 1, 2013
No. I know that they received it only from the tracking number.

Based on the various forum posts, they never confirm to receive your passport. They seem do sometimes send you email saying that your passport is stamped, and it will be sent to you soon. However, some other people also say that they didn't receive any information until they found out their passport in their mailbox.

I also didn't get any further information from then. I sent my passport on Sep 24. I wrote them two emails but no reply.

zhuyirong said:

Thanks!

zhuyirong

Oct 14, 2013
Hi - good news, I got my passport including Visa delivered today!

As said, I had send it with USPS Priority mail on Sep 23, so should have arrived in New York around Sep 25. It was sent back yesterday, and reached me this morning!

Hope yours' are on the way as well!

Yirong