Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-02-2010
hello,

We had send Landed immigrant application under family class in February 2010, I got a letter on 26th of October that basicly states that i meet the eligibility requirements to apply and that i can apply for a open work permit.

I called immigrations today since i wanted to know, what the time frame would be till the hole process would be completed, and they stated that if theire would be no complications it could take up to 9 months from the date the latest letter was send wich was the 26th of october 2010.

I was on a work visa before that expired in the end of april this year. My problem right now is that i thought that the process would not take as long as it has been taking and that by the time i got the last letter on the 26th of october the application was almost done beeing processed.

Me and my wife(who is canadian) wanted to visit my family in europe over christmas, but since now iam in canada under no visa or any status, the immigration office told me it would be best to not leave the country till the application has gone through, since if i leave the country i might not be allowed back in.

Here my question for this situation:

if i would leave the country flying to europe and came back, the immigrations officer wouldn t know that i was in canada since april when my work visa expired, since you don t get a stamp in your passport when you leave canada, so really wouldn t theire be a problem at all ?

Since we booked the flights allready few months back, since we thought by that time the application would be done processing.

anyway thanks allready for reading and mabye for some good answeres.

cheers

MandiF

Sep 7, 2010
Alberta Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-10-2010
File Transfer...
19-11-2010
Med's Done....
02-09-2010
Passport Req..
05-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-02-2011
LANDED..........
25-02-2011
There are quite a few threads on this forum regarding this issue if you do a search, but my understanding of the general gist of it all is that if you leave the country and you are not able to get back in through immigration, then your application is cancelled and you have to start again from scratch applying outland as there is not appeal inland.

But might be best to do that search and see the many discussions that have been had on this topic.

bood82

Nov 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-02-2010
yes thanks, i searched around a little bit, and i guess no xmas in germany this year :((

oh here my application status that showes online.

We received your application for permanent residence on February 4, 2010.

We started processing your application on April 21, 2010.

We received the requested information on May 14, 2010. Thank you for providing the information.

A decision has been made and you will be contacted.

thanks

kiwikris

Oct 23, 2010
Ottawa, On
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville and Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-01-2010
AOR Received.
25-10-10
Med's Done....
18-09-2009
LANDED..........
08 Sep 2011
Hi Bood82,

I also applied inland and thought it would take less time! You can apply for OWP now and you will be able to work which is better than not being able to do anything.. You could have sent OWP in with your PR and continued working and be on implied status.

I am not sure if you need a visa to just visit Canada??? Some people have left and come back and been able to get through the border but I for one wouldn't risk it for myself as there is no gurantee. They said they took all their paperwork with them and when they were questioned at the border they had this to show them. Maybe try serching on this site as I know I have read about it somewhere. We have waited for so long already that if we had to apply again from outside Canada I think we really would go insane! Not sure where in Canada you are but your letter approving sponsorship is good for you re-newing your SIN and geting healh coverage appling for OWP and also you can take French/english classes for free, well I know this last part is true for Ontario.

Hope this helps a little, come over to the inlanders thread and join us! :)

FYI one person who applied in Dec 09 has just landed today if that helps with knowing a timeline.
I received my letter and OWP in Oct this year and now just waiting for the next part! :)

boasorte

Aug 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Halifax
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bood82 said:
yes thanks, i searched around a little bit, and i guess no xmas in germany this year :((

oh here my application status that showes online.

We received your application for permanent residence on February 4, 2010.

We started processing your application on April 21, 2010.

We received the requested information on May 14, 2010. Thank you for providing the information.

A decision has been made and you will be contacted.

thanks
Hi Bood Congrats on your AIP!
I have a question for you, if I may:

Which document were you requested/you sent in May?

Thank you! :)

bood82

Nov 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-02-2010
thanks @kiwikris

yeah i don t really need a visa to get into the country, never had any problems ever, but since its not 100% sure, the question is is it worth taking the risk ? For my initial application it took me 6 months to get alle the papers i needed, since police records from spain took like forever, then 8 months till application stage 2 and now another 8 months till all is set and done, and then to do that all over again, wait another 2 years to get it done ah no ;)

and i live in ontario, didn t know that there where free englisch/french classes, would be nice to take some french classes :).

I was looking at the website and iam not sure wich are the right forms for the OWP ?

@boasorte

they wanted some more information at the places i worked since i was traveling around a bit, the first time around the information given didn t seem enought.

thanks !

kiwikris

Oct 23, 2010
Ottawa, On
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville and Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-01-2010
AOR Received.
25-10-10
Med's Done....
18-09-2009
LANDED..........
08 Sep 2011
have a look at this link
http://www.servicecanada.gc.ca/eng/goc/linc.shtml

also google LINC canada- (Language Instruction for Newcomers to Canada0 the french version is CLIC. These are free in Ontario- BC, Manitoba and QC have different programs. Or an option is to only pay $30 per level. Only difference is that one is sponsered by the province and one by federal government...or so I was told. I had my assesment last week and hope to be able to start classes soon.. You just need to take in your sponsor approval letter and work permit if you have it otherwise letter is fine :) There are 7 levels and I think you can only do 4 a year.

This link
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/extend-worker.asp

is what you can fill in to change your status eg get OWP. This form is very easy....compared to PR!

bood82

Nov 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-02-2010

i have seen in the inlanders thread, that someone who applyed in february got landed this month maybe there is still hope for xmas in germany ;)

kiwikris

Oct 23, 2010
Ottawa, On
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville and Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-01-2010
AOR Received.
25-10-10
Med's Done....
18-09-2009
LANDED..........
08 Sep 2011
There are a few people with PR now who applied in Feb. Fingers crossed you are one to get PR as well! :)