+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question for USA citizen minor

sumitbajaj07

Nov 23, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

I've couple of questions related to my minor son applictaion. On Jan 25th I got an email saying to cut his PR card and send back the copy. I did that but after that no update. And I haven't received his citizenship certificate yet. Now, I'm planning to do road travel to USA next week and I haven't yet received his citizenship certificate.

He is a USA citizen so I've couple of doubts whiule coming back to Canada -

- Will there be any issues while his travelling back ?
- As USA citizen's are allowed for 6 months stay. Do I need to udpate anywhere in online or in some immigration system, after coming back and post receiving eve his canadian citizenship certificate or canadian passport to make sure he's no longer treated as a visitor in canada ?

Please suggest.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi All,

I've couple of questions related to my minor son applictaion. On Jan 25th I got an email saying to cut his PR card and send back the copy. I did that but after that no update. And I haven't received his citizenship certificate yet. Now, I'm planning to do road travel to USA next week and I haven't yet received his citizenship certificate.

He is a USA citizen so I've couple of doubts whiule coming back to Canada -

- Will there be any issues while his travelling back ?
- As USA citizen's are allowed for 6 months stay. Do I need to udpate anywhere in online or in some immigration system, after coming back and post receiving eve his canadian citizenship certificate or canadian passport to make sure he's no longer treated as a visitor in canada ?

Please suggest.
Use his USA citizenship (passport) and photocopy of the old PR card for the boy at the border crossing. (If he has other Canadian ID,that won't hurt either). Tell the border officer he is/was a PR, has citizenship in process, you were told to cut the card, waiting for his citizenship certificate (i.e. upon entry he's either a PR or a citizen). They'll let him in either way.

Reactions: sumitbajaj07

sumitbajaj07

Nov 23, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Use his USA citizenship (passport) and photocopy of the old PR card for the boy at the border crossing. (If he has other Canadian ID,that won't hurt either). Tell the border officer he is/was a PR, has citizenship in process, you were told to cut the card, waiting for his citizenship certificate (i.e. upon entry he's either a PR or a citizen). They'll let him in either way.
Thanks for your reply.

Reactions: armoured