+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question for renewal after divorce

Foxxbbe

Oct 14, 2012
Hey guys!

So unfortunately my spouse and I have divorced. My PR card has been expired for a few years now ( I know I should have renewed a long time ago, between life and getting a new passport from the US ect it just hasn’t happened). Now that I am ready to renew and my last name is different, do I send a photo copy of the divorce papers or the real copy, a copy or real copy of my passport, and a copy of my drivers license with my maiden name?
Also on the new PR application it asks if you have left on any dates in the last 5 years. If you click no it says if your denied what about humanitarian or compassion grounds, I have not left even for little trips across in 5 years, are they going to deny a renewal?

Tubsmagee

Jul 2, 2016
Hey guys!

So unfortunately my spouse and I have divorced. My PR card has been expired for a few years now ( I know I should have renewed a long time ago, between life and getting a new passport from the US ect it just hasn’t happened). Now that I am ready to renew and my last name is different, do I send a photo copy of the divorce papers or the real copy, a copy or real copy of my passport, and a copy of my drivers license with my maiden name?
Also on the new PR application it asks if you have left on any dates in the last 5 years. If you click no it says if your denied what about humanitarian or compassion grounds, I have not left even for little trips across in 5 years, are they going to deny a renewal?
If you haven’t left in 5 years, why would they deny your renewal of PR card? I wouldn’t worry about it.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Has your US passport already expired? If so, you (obviously) need to renew that first. You only need to provide a scanned copy of the Identity/photo page. Same would apply to your current DL, if they also want that.

Foxxbbe

Oct 14, 2012
Has your US passport already expired? If so, you (obviously) need to renew that first. You only need to provide a scanned copy of the Identity/photo page. Same would apply to your current DL, if they also want that.
My US passport is current, as for the divorce papers should that be a copy or the original sent?