+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question: ECOPR and Schengen Visa Application

lucia_jm

Aug 16, 2023
I submitted my Schengen visa application a few days ago, and today I received confirmation of my ECOPR (Electronic Confirmation of Permanent Residence).

It seems that the ECOPR indicates that my current work permit will become invalid as soon as I receive the ECOPR.

The Schengen visa application requires me to provide a valid status in Canada, and I used my work permit to demonstrate my status. However, now that it is becoming void due to ECOPR...o_O

Will this affect my Schengen visa application?

xichanmontreal

Star Member
Nov 26, 2018
You applied the schengen visa at the consulate of which country? mtl or toronto?

Some consulates are known for their systematic refusal (especially Belgium), others for their ease.

In my opinion, hasten to provide them, even by email, with this ''update''. A permanent resident status will maximize your chances of having the visa without problems (= one more reason for you to return to Canada after your stay in the Schengen area = more chances of having an approval for the visa).

In your place, I attach proof of this ECOPR + a short explanatory letter, especially if your application for the Schengen visa was initially made with the work permit as proof of status.

lucia_jm

Aug 16, 2023
You applied the schengen visa at the consulate of which country? mtl or toronto?

Some consulates are known for their systematic refusal (especially Belgium), others for their ease.

In my opinion, hasten to provide them, even by email, with this ''update''. A permanent resident status will maximize your chances of having the visa without problems (= one more reason for you to return to Canada after your stay in the Schengen area = more chances of having an approval for the visa).

In your place, I attach proof of this ECOPR + a short explanatory letter, especially if your application for the Schengen visa was initially made with the work permit as proof of status.
Thanks!! I submitted Schengen visa application to Sweden and provided my documents in Toronto.

Snehperm

Jun 27, 2023
Hello,
I have a France visa appointment on the 30th of January (no dated after that). As a proof of Canadian Resident I planned to submit/show my PR card but I called IRCC today and they informed it has not been mailed yet. So, as I do not want to miss my appointment I was planning to submit my Ecopr and write and explanation letter on how there have been delays on my card. Anyone been through the same situation yet?