+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question around BOWP 'Conditions' and work restrictions

gcad

Feb 22, 2013
My BOWP states the following

Conditions:
Not authorized to work in childcare, school teaching, health service field occupations
Not authorized to work in agricultural occupations

The BOWP bulletin states:
If a medical examination has not been previously conducted in relation to their current status in Canada, or in relation to the application for permanent residence, or its result has expired, the office must impose the following conditions:

Not authorized to work in childcare, primary/secondary school teachings, health service field occupations;
Not authorized to work in agricultural occupations.
I work in IT and there are two jobs that I am currently interested in.
1 - Working on the eCommerce team for a pharmaceutical company
2 - Working on the eCommerce team for a vegetable wholesaler

Would either of these jobs come under the relevant restrictions? My presumption is that because I have not had a medical they dont want me in contact with patients or plants, neither of which will occur at the jobs (I will be doing purely IT), but just want to check.

Thanks

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
gcad said:
My BOWP states the following

Conditions:
Not authorized to work in childcare, school teaching, health service field occupations
Not authorized to work in agricultural occupations

The BOWP bulletin states:
I work in IT and there are two jobs that I am currently interested in.
1 - Working on the eCommerce team for a pharmaceutical company
2 - Working on the eCommerce team for a vegetable wholesaler

Would either of these jobs come under the relevant restrictions? My presumption is that because I have not had a medical they dont want me in contact with patients or plants, neither of which will occur at the jobs (I will be doing purely IT), but just want to check.

Thanks
No, if you don't get in contact with either students, or whatever or the produce on farms, then you're fine.
I work for a school district, but don't teach - and I never got medicals done, as I don't get in contact with students or anything.