+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question about VISA office change

nhixon

Star Member
Dec 4, 2014
Hi Guys,

Could anyone on this forum please let me know if I can get my Canadian PR VISA stamping if I belong to another country and at present working in another country ? For eg. If I am from England and currently working in Dubai on a short business trip, can it be stamped in Dubai ? Or do I need to do it mandatory from my home country ? It would be informative if someone has experienced this kind of a situation.

Thanks.

Onixe

Sep 18, 2014
Doesn't have to be home country. I got my visa stamping done in Australia while being there on work visa. Though if you are from England and holding British passport you don't need PR visa, just the COPR.

rezafc

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-08-2014
nhixon said:
Hi Guys,

Could anyone on this forum please let me know if I can get my Canadian PR VISA stamping if I belong to another country and at present working in another country ? For eg. If I am from England and currently working in Dubai on a short business trip, can it be stamped in Dubai ? Or do I need to do it mandatory from my home country ? It would be informative if someone has experienced this kind of a situation.

Thanks.
As Onixe mentioned if you are from a visa exempt country you don't need a visa. But if you aren't you can get your visa stamped where you are. Just bare in mind depending on the country you are residing in currently it might take 3 to 8 weeks to change the address.

Best of luck,