+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question about Upfront medical IMM 1017

maruti81

Mar 13, 2009
Dear friends
My wife recently gave the upfront medical exam in Bangalore.

On the document checklist here, item 27 asks for "Copy 1 of medical report: Client biodata and summary (IMM 1017), signed and provided by the panel physician'.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5491E.pdf

When I look at my wife's notification form that was given to her by the medical center after the exam was given, it does not say anything like IMM 1017. It has a section called 'Client Visa details', where it is mentioned 'EDE' for IME, and 'Family-EDE' for 'Upfront medical type'. The only tests that her form talks about were:
712 Syphilis Test (VDRL or RPR) and 707 HIV test, and the status says "Referred".

I am a bit concerned and tend to think that she might have given the exam in a wrong category and not spousal PR category, since I don't see anything like IMM 1017, on the form that was given to her by the medical center after the exam was done.

The form that was given to her has a UMI number along with a barcode at the top right.

Please share your inputs. Do you think this form that she has, can be submitted to CIC during my lodging of spousal PR application, by putting a tickmark next to copy of IMM 1017 on the checklist?

Thank you.

maruti81

Mar 13, 2009
How about sending my spousal PR application without any upfront medical?

I have a feeling that the upfront medicals my wife did in India are not under spousal PR category, and they come under spousal work permit category. That's my guess. I may be wrong.

Since the processing times are over an year now, how about submitting my application without ticking checkmark to the medicals?

Does that return my application?

Or does that delay my application considerably?

What are your thoughts/experiences?

Thank you friends.

maruti81

Mar 13, 2009
update:
It's my bad.

Apparently, when my wife scanned and sent me the copy of the form she received from the medical center, I have seen only the first page, and not the 2nd page (too many things going on this week for me). On the 2nd page, another two tests were mentioned too, and they were 502 (chest x-ray examination) and 501 (medical examination), and it's status say 'Required'.

So, I am thinking that she had taken her tests in the spousal PR category.