+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

question about the Work Permit Extension

peimomma

Feb 28, 2010
Hi everyone, I am new to this forum, and am having trouble finding answers. My husband is currently working for a company here, but is work visa expires in April. His boss want to keep him on, because he works hard and has never had any complaints. Anyway, the problem we are faced with right now is that I can not sponsor him, because I can't find a job to be able to support the family. I have a teaching degree, but there is a waiting list for teaching positions here. We were looking at the Work Permit Extension, but if his boss has to do another LMOS, then my husband will most likely not be able to keep his job. EVERYONE is looking for work here, so if the job is advertised, then a Canadian WILL apply. So, does anyone know if they have to do the LMOS again, or if the one from 2 years ago can be used?

Thanks

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

peimomma said:
Hi everyone, I am new to this forum, and am having trouble finding answers. My husband is currently working for a company here, but is work visa expires in April. His boss want to keep him on, because he works hard and has never had any complaints. Anyway, the problem we are faced with right now is that I can not sponsor him, because I can't find a job to be able to support the family. I have a teaching degree, but there is a waiting list for teaching positions here. We were looking at the Work Permit Extension, but if his boss has to do another LMOS, then my husband will most likely not be able to keep his job. EVERYONE is looking for work here, so if the job is advertised, then a Canadian WILL apply. So, does anyone know if they have to do the LMOS again, or if the one from 2 years ago can be used?

Thanks
1. Needs a new LMO, they are now only valid for 6 months.
2. You know that you don't have to have an income to sponsor a spouse? You just can't be on social assistance, except for disability.

PMM

peimomma

Feb 28, 2010
thanks PMM, I thought that I had to have a job, because I have to prove that I can support the family.... we are on social assistance right now, we could not afford to live without it. If I had a job, we would not need SA. It is a never ending cycle. And I find the government STUPID for putting families through this crap.... when my parents got married in the 70's, my mom came across the border with her passport, paid $20, and bam, she had landed immigrant status and could work. Now, there is the long stupid process, that cost way to much money, and ends up hurting families!