Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
I am filling out the new portal for visitor visa on behalf of my in-laws. I got little confused seeing the list of documents they ask at the end of the application. I will greatly appreciate if someone can asnwer these. Thanks.
  1. Where do I upload the invitation letter? As an "additional doc"?
  2. Where should I upload the financial docs from my in-laws and also from us (the host)? As "additional docs" again?
  3. Why is IRCC asking for a Canadian Employer Letter (see below in yellow square) when I am explicitly applying for visitor visa (see below)? I've already gone through my application steps several times to double check if I did any mistake.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
When I applied I got a row saying Proof of Funds. Do they have a valid US visa ?
No they don't. However, they got Canadian Visa 2-3 times before and I provided my FIL's UCI#. They also have a valid Australian Visa which the portal should not know.

oik100

Star Member
Dec 21, 2018
No they don't. However, they got Canadian Visa 2-3 times before and I provided my FIL's UCI#. They also have a valid Australian Visa which the portal should not know.
recheck you application. Maybe you mistakenly said yes for valid US visa portion. The proof of funds field should show up in your document section

S.Malik

Jan 25, 2023
I am filling out the new portal for visitor visa on behalf of my in-laws. I got little confused seeing the list of documents they ask at the end of the application. I will greatly appreciate if someone can asnwer these. Thanks.
  1. Where do I upload the invitation letter? As an "additional doc"?
  2. Where should I upload the financial docs from my in-laws and also from us (the host)? As "additional docs" again?
  3. Why is IRCC asking for a Canadian Employer Letter (see below in yellow square) when I am explicitly applying for visitor visa (see below)? I've already gone through my application steps several times to double check if I did any mistake.

Ur application comes under CAN + because of previous Canada visas, you don’t need to provide financial docs, if you still wana give then upload in additional docs. You can leave empty employer letter section since that is also not a compulsory document. Hope its clear now...

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
Ur application comes under CAN + because of previous Canada visas, you don’t need to provide financial docs, if you still wana give then upload in additional docs. You can leave empty employer letter section since that is also not a compulsory document. Hope its clear now...
That was my plan too. I will perhaps combine 1) applicant's finance, 2) our invitation letter, and 3) our finance together and upload as additional doc. Hope it remains under 2 MB.