+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question about SDS Supporting Documents

qd698

Feb 5, 2024
Hello everyone,
So I'm eligible for the SDS and somehow the supporting documents requires me to upload the Funds(proof), which I have no clue what materials to submit. Can anybody explain what does this suppose to mean?

PS: I've already submitted the GIC and paid the first year tuition.

Thank you guys!!!

rcincanada2019

Jan 14, 2023
Ontario
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
03-07-2022
Nomination.....
30-03-2022
AOR Received.
03-11-2022
Hello everyone,
So I'm eligible for the SDS and somehow the supporting documents requires me to upload the Funds(proof), which I have no clue what materials to submit. Can anybody explain what does this suppose to mean?

PS: I've already submitted the GIC and paid the first year tuition.

Thank you guys!!!
Your GIC certificate is your proof of funds. The idea behind SDS is to simplify the application process by requiring less documents.

Reactions: qd698

qd698

Feb 5, 2024
Your GIC certificate is your proof of funds. The idea behind SDS is to simplify the application process by requiring less documents.
Sry to ask this: But what is the different between Investment certificate (GIC) and Funds(proof)? If I uploaded my GIC on the Investment certificate (GIC) section, do I need to upload the same file again on the Funds(Proof) section?

rcincanada2019

Jan 14, 2023
Ontario
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
03-07-2022
Nomination.....
30-03-2022
AOR Received.
03-11-2022
Sry to ask this: But what is the different between Investment certificate (GIC) and Funds(proof)? If I uploaded my GIC on the Investment certificate (GIC) section, do I need to upload the same file again on the Funds(Proof) section?
Yes, upload the same file again. If you want, you can combine your GIC and proof of payment for first year into one pdf file. Make sure that you include a table of content as the front page so that IRCC agent knows what the pdf document contains.

Reactions: qd698

Dynamo12

Jan 14, 2024
What course are you applying for? Is it a masters or PhD?

Dynamo12

Jan 14, 2024
Yeah I know. I'm just checking to see what materials required besides attestation letter.
My advise would be not to get your money stuck in a gic untill you get your attestation letter. Canadian education seriously isn't looking worth it now, specially for undergrads who are putting their entire career at stake to be able to get in. Look elsewhere as well like UK or Aus, the requirements Canada demands from you are just too challenging to fulfill and a lot of time needs to be invested in getting the right documentation.

qd698

Feb 5, 2024
My advise would be not to get your money stuck in a gic untill you get your attestation letter. Canadian education seriously isn't looking worth it now, specially for undergrads who are putting their entire career at stake to be able to get in. Look elsewhere as well like UK or Aus, the requirements Canada demands from you are just too challenging to fulfill and a lot of time needs to be invested in getting the right documentation.
Thanks for the advice! I really appreciate it!