+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

question about requested additional documents

mila_sokol

Sep 15, 2017
So, I am not the only one who received this request to include all my travel history to the USA only. I already provided them with all my transits and trip durations. So, any news about submitted documents?

My friend showed me a very useful website to check your USA trips: https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov/I94/#/home

usthb

Star Member
Sep 18, 2017
Hello, same query here..

I have provided in eAPR application, my passport scan (except blank pages) including all in/out travel stamps and visa stamps, as far as my current passport is concerned.
Now I got a request to provide:
"Travel History Info Form: Information on your previous travel history (trip duration and purpose) including citizenship and resident document information." Further they indicate that documents not in French or English must be translated by a certified translator.

What should I do, can anyone please help ? I only have a couple of days left.

Citizenship, they already got my passport scan uploaded. So I am unclear.

Do I have to scan also blank passport pages?
Do I have to provide also copy of old passports ?
Should I translate visa stamps ?

Thanks

fireal.jon

Star Member
Aug 23, 2017
Kelowna, BC
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-08-2017
AOR Received.
15-08-2017
Med's Done....
14-09-2016
Passport Req..
06-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
23-11-2017
LANDED..........
02-12-2017
Hello, same query here..

I have provided in eAPR application, my passport scan (except blank pages) including all in/out travel stamps and visa stamps, as far as my current passport is concerned.
Now I got a request to provide:
"Travel History Info Form: Information on your previous travel history (trip duration and purpose) including citizenship and resident document information." Further they indicate that documents not in French or English must be translated by a certified translator.

What should I do, can anyone please help ? I only have a couple of days left.

Citizenship, they already got my passport scan uploaded. So I am unclear.

Do I have to scan also blank passport pages?
Do I have to provide also copy of old passports ?
Should I translate visa stamps ?

Thanks
Ok, so all I did was fill out the travel history form and in the "Purpose Of Travel" fields I listed which work visa (the number starting with a U) I was under during that period of stay in Canada. For me, I had 2 different work visas while here. For all other trips outside of my home country I listed either vacation or work (for work trips). Then in the Letter Of Explanation I scanned in both my Canadian working visas (old & current) for proof.

All I can say is my application moved ahead without issues. Just today they have requested photos from me to send me my Confirmation of PR.. so things seemed to have worked out for me doing that. Hope that helps.

Jonathan.

McHoagie

Star Member
Apr 9, 2016
I got the same request. Issue is I cannot provide my old passport, since it expired three years back and is destroyed when issuing a new one.

Any idea what I can do?

fireal.jon

Star Member
Aug 23, 2017
Kelowna, BC
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-08-2017
AOR Received.
15-08-2017
Med's Done....
14-09-2016
Passport Req..
06-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
23-11-2017
LANDED..........
02-12-2017
I got the same request. Issue is I cannot provide my old passport, since it expired three years back and is destroyed when issuing a new one.

Any idea what I can do?
Are you inland? I gave them my 10 year travel history in the PR application so I was confused why they wanted me to write it out again. For me, I think it was because I didn't specify which Canadian working visa I was using during my stays in Canada. I also forgot to scan any of those visas into the passport scan.. I didn't think I needed to. Anyway like I said, I just filled out the travel history form for the last 10 years and listed the work visa(s) I was under during my times in Canada. I went home to Australia for a 2 week period and I also took a trip into the states during previous 2 years, while living/working in Canada.. so my history has like 3 or 4 "trips" to Canada during that time.

They already had my passport scans, so I didn't see the point in re-doing that.. I did scan both my work visas into the LOE tho. What I provided seemed to have worked as I got a request for PPR a few days ago, so they were happy with what I gave them. Thats my experience with this weird request anyway.

Hope that helps..!

McHoagie

Star Member
Apr 9, 2016
Are you inland? I gave them my 10 year travel history in the PR application so I was confused why they wanted me to write it out again. For me, I think it was because I didn't specify which Canadian working visa I was using during my stays in Canada. I also forgot to scan any of those visas into the passport scan.. I didn't think I needed to. Anyway like I said, I just filled out the travel history form for the last 10 years and listed the work visa(s) I was under during my times in Canada. I went home to Australia for a 2 week period and I also took a trip into the states during previous 2 years, while living/working in Canada.. so my history has like 3 or 4 "trips" to Canada during that time.

They already had my passport scans, so I didn't see the point in re-doing that.. I did scan both my work visas into the LOE tho. What I provided seemed to have worked as I got a request for PPR a few days ago, so they were happy with what I gave them. Thats my experience with this weird request anyway.

Hope that helps..!

Yupp, inland. The issue is that I don' have access to my old stamps and visa anymore. Germany requires you to dispose of your old passport when you get a new one.

They specified that I'd need a traffic history from Victoria, if I spent more than 6 months there. Which I did in fact not.

I mean, they should have my passport on file since it's the one I used to apply for my study permit back in 2008. But as of now I don't have any "physical" evidence to back up when I was in Australia. And 7 days isn't enough to sort that out.

My plan was to resubmit my travel history, with current passport, visa, etc.apply for a traffic history, submit any application confirmation I get and explain all of this in a letter of explanation.

Don't know what else I can really do at this point.

usthb

Star Member
Sep 18, 2017
by the way, what do they mean with residence document information.
Is this residence permit document (e.g. scan) only or is proof of address needed as well?

Also what is meant when deadline is set with "by the", does this include the date?
So would "by the 10 December" mean that I can send a document on the 10 December at 23.59 and still be okay?

fireal.jon

Star Member
Aug 23, 2017
Kelowna, BC
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-08-2017
AOR Received.
15-08-2017
Med's Done....
14-09-2016
Passport Req..
06-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
23-11-2017
LANDED..........
02-12-2017
Yupp, inland. The issue is that I don' have access to my old stamps and visa anymore. Germany requires you to dispose of your old passport when you get a new one.

They specified that I'd need a traffic history from Victoria, if I spent more than 6 months there. Which I did in fact not.

I mean, they should have my passport on file since it's the one I used to apply for my study permit back in 2008. But as of now I don't have any "physical" evidence to back up when I was in Australia. And 7 days isn't enough to sort that out.

My plan was to resubmit my travel history, with current passport, visa, etc.apply for a traffic history, submit any application confirmation I get and explain all of this in a letter of explanation.

Don't know what else I can really do at this point.
They can't require your old passport as they'd know that often you have to surrender expired passports when you get a new one, like you had to do.. also they would see the dates on the current passport and know that it is less than 10 years old, so it can't have all of your trips in it. I don't see that being an issue.

Also, they should already have your passport scan from the app.. so providing it again doesn't make sense. That's what I figured with my situation.. so I didn't bother re-scanning mine. I did however scan my visas, and I also put the visa document numbers into the travel history form. They were happy with that. My app continued on without issue.

fireal.jon

Star Member
Aug 23, 2017
Kelowna, BC
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-08-2017
AOR Received.
15-08-2017
Med's Done....
14-09-2016
Passport Req..
06-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
23-11-2017
LANDED..........
02-12-2017
by the way, what do they mean with residence document information.
Is this residence permit document (e.g. scan) only or is proof of address needed as well?

Also what is meant when deadline is set with "by the", does this include the date?
So would "by the 10 December" mean that I can send a document on the 10 December at 23.59 and still be okay?
Pretty sure than means proof that you are in Canada legally.. ie a work visa. Scan the visa and put it into the LOE. List which visa you are using in your travel history, for the time frames you were/are in Canada. Doing that worked for me.

With the dates, I would presume before the date changes to the 11th of December.. So up till 23:59 on the 10th. I would not want to leave it that close tho.. what if your computer crashes.. or dies.. or the internet drops out? Get it done asap.

usthb

Star Member
Sep 18, 2017
Thanks for the orientation, just uploaded my docs accordingly and hope for the best!
By the same occasion, after loading all the documents and submitting them through system, the status is still "action required" from me.
Is this normal behavior?

McHoagie

Star Member
Apr 9, 2016
They can't require your old passport as they'd know that often you have to surrender expired passports when you get a new one, like you had to do.. also they would see the dates on the current passport and know that it is less than 10 years old, so it can't have all of your trips in it. I don't see that being an issue.

Also, they should already have your passport scan from the app.. so providing it again doesn't make sense. That's what I figured with my situation.. so I didn't bother re-scanning mine. I did however scan my visas, and I also put the visa document numbers into the travel history form. They were happy with that. My app continued on without issue.
I'm sure their crux is me not initially providing a traffic history from Victoria,Australia, on top of my police certificates. I just received that by email and added it to my police certificates and reuploaded the whole thing.

You're right, I realize I'm probably overthinking this, but don't think I'll risk not providing enough info.

Since I can't back up any time in Australia apart from the police certificates, I'll explain that in an attached LoE, provide another copy of my proof of Canadian education, (how would I have gotten a Canadian post-secondary degree without valid visa status), my post graduate work permit and refer them to my passport to proof German citizenship.

I realize I'm probably doubling down too much, but at this point, with all those headaches, I'd rather be safe than sorry.

fireal.jon

Star Member
Aug 23, 2017
Kelowna, BC
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-08-2017
AOR Received.
15-08-2017
Med's Done....
14-09-2016
Passport Req..
06-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
23-11-2017
LANDED..........
02-12-2017
I'm sure their crux is me not initially providing a traffic history from Victoria,Australia, on top of my police certificates. I just received that by email and added it to my police certificates and reuploaded the whole thing.

You're right, I realize I'm probably overthinking this, but don't think I'll risk not providing enough info.

Since I can't back up any time in Australia apart from the police certificates, I'll explain that in an attached LoE, provide another copy of my proof of Canadian education, (how would I have gotten a Canadian post-secondary degree without valid visa status), my post graduate work permit and refer them to my passport to proof German citizenship.

I realize I'm probably doubling down too much, but at this point, with all those headaches, I'd rather be safe than sorry.
Oh ok! They are giving you an opportunity to upload the missing PCC from Victoria? Wow, I had my first PR app rejected as I didn't see the requirements if I'd ever lived in Vic, so I just gave them my Federal PCC.. they said nope, app rejected. It was devastating. I'm glad that didn't happen to you!

Yeah, I think its all about showing that your time in Canada was legal. Did your Canadian Degree have an associated visa? Do you have that paperwork? Although, as you said, it should be obvious that you would have had a visa.. how could you graduate without a study visa.

McHoagie

Star Member
Apr 9, 2016
Oh ok! They are giving you an opportunity to upload the missing PCC from Victoria? Wow, I had my first PR app rejected as I didn't see the requirements if I'd ever lived in Vic, so I just gave them my Federal PCC.. they said nope, app rejected. It was devastating. I'm glad that didn't happen to you!

Yeah, I think its all about showing that your time in Canada was legal. Did your Canadian Degree have an associated visa? Do you have that paperwork? Although, as you said, it should be obvious that you would have had a visa.. how could you graduate without a study visa.
You tell me, I got rejected before because my letter of employment wasn't dated properly by my boss.
Yeah, I got the traffic history.

I do not have that physical study visa anymore, it was stapled into my old passport. But I'm sending them my Off campus work permit, post graduate work permit, etc. iI wouldn't have been able to get any of this without proper visa status. Hence why I'm providing my passport again, just to not leave out any sort of proof.

All this info is superflous, but again, I'm not gonna risk getting rejected due to a formality.

fireal.jon

Star Member
Aug 23, 2017
Kelowna, BC
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-08-2017
AOR Received.
15-08-2017
Med's Done....
14-09-2016
Passport Req..
06-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
23-11-2017
LANDED..........
02-12-2017
You tell me, I got rejected before because my letter of employment wasn't dated properly by my boss.
Yeah, I got the traffic history.

I do not have that physical study visa anymore, it was stapled into my old passport. But I'm sending them my Off campus work permit, post graduate work permit, etc. iI wouldn't have been able to get any of this without proper visa status. Hence why I'm providing my passport again, just to not leave out any sort of proof.

All this info is superflous, but again, I'm not gonna risk getting rejected due to a formality.
For sure. When you have been axed previously for missing shit, you get paranoid eh? Better to be safe than sorry. Its probably one document for a certain time period they want to see.. but give them everything you have and hope for the best.

McHoagie

Star Member
Apr 9, 2016
For sure. When you have been axed previously for missing shit, you get paranoid eh? Better to be safe than sorry. Its probably one document for a certain time period they want to see.. but give them everything you have and hope for the best.

I uploaded a new traffic history thst shouldn't be an issue.

As for the form, I'd rather be safe than sorry and am including all trips from my origin country (Germany) and country of residence, (Canada).

I now noticed thst I made a mistake in my submitted travel history. I indicated that I visited Germany in 2011-06 when I actually landed in 2011-05.

Should I did this and explain it was a mistake due to me not having my old passport or rather leave as is.

I just don't want them to think I was misrepresenting myself.