+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question about proof of funds for master's

Mar 22, 2024
Hello,
I got accepted to the Master of Science in Mathematics program at UManitoba for fall 2024. Tuition is $15k for two years in total and I was offered a teaching/research assistantship position, which pays around $22k annually. I have an official letter from the department that made this offer.

Does IRCC take into account such offers from a uni. when they make a decision? Technically, this is not liquid cash, but its validity can be verified by IRCC (I assume ?). I also showed $20k in my personal bank account to cover other expenses (I did show the source of these funds) and included a letter from my parents about their intent to financial support me for my studies if required (even though the uni. offer + what I have already covers everything). What is your opinion on this, is this enough?

Also, if it is going to help, here are some background info about me:
22 years old, fresh uni. graduate (bachelor's degree in mathematics)

Last edited:
Mar 22, 2024
Since no one replied to this post, I'll just write an update here for those looking for the same question again in the future.

My visa was approved today. I received a "Biometric Validity Letter" and an "Original Passport Request" document. So, it turns out that one can use a valid position/job offering from an institution in Canada, as proof of funds.

Hope this helps someone =)