+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question about PR Portal E-mail-- received a week ago, but nothing since?

PowderedT0astMan

Star Member
Dec 22, 2022
Montreal
Category........
WP
Hi Everyone,

I'm applying for PR via the Quebec Skilled Workers Program. I've already got the CSQ, and my question is about the federal level, so I think it's okay to ask it here, rather than the Quebec board.

A week ago I received the IRCC Permanent Residence Confirmation Portal email. I responded right away (within an hour) with the requested information. I haven't heard anything since. I just logged into the PR Portal that I used to submit my application, and noticed that there's a tab for Permanent Resident (PR) Card / PR Travel Document. I don't know if that tab was always there, but it seems like from other threads on this board, that this tab only appears once the IRCC has set up your PR card account.

From the IRCC email, it seemed like I was supposed to wait for the credentials to login to the PR Portal, but maybe there's something I'm not understanding correctly? Since I can now see the Permanent Resident (PR) Card / PR Travel Document tab, should I just go ahead and apply for the cards?

Thanks!

PTM

JasonReyes

Jun 19, 2023
Hello everybody.

Does anyone know how long it takes to get an ecorp and PR card after a decision is made?

My application status changed to decision made 2 days ago, but I haven't gotten any emails or information about it.