waiting
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
April 25 2015
Hi,

We just received my husband's ppr and I just have two questions if someone can help me.

1- the letter is asking for eye color and height of all the family members. Do they mean only my husband who is getting the visa or me and our daughter who are already Canadians living in Canada?

2- his passport expires in the beginning of 2016. Is it OK if he renews his passport before sending it to the embassy for the stamp? That way he will have 5 years on it when he comes to Canada and we can avoid having to get it renewed later, in case of an emergency? The embassy won't care if it's a new issued passport?

Thanks in advance.

ABCml

Jan 27, 2014
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-Feb-2014
AOR Received.
24-Feb-2014, SponsorshipApproved 01-Apr-2014
File Transfer...
01-Apr-2014 Officially rec'd Beijing 24-May-2014
Med's Done....
29-Dec-2013 "Medical Results rec'd" 01-Apr-2014
Interview........
15-Dec-2014
Passport Req..
at interview
VISA ISSUED...
16-Dec-2014
LANDED..........
25-Dec-2014
wefeia said:
Hi,

We just received my husband's ppr and I just have two questions if someone can help me.

1- the letter is asking for eye color and height of all the family members. Do they mean only my husband who is getting the visa or me and our daughter who are already Canadians living in Canada?
Whenever there's a doubt about how much information is being requested in a particular question, it's almost always best to favor giving more. I see no problem in supplying them with "all family member's" eye color, height..

wefeia said:
2- his passport expires in the beginning of 2016. Is it OK if he renews his passport before sending it to the embassy for the stamp? That way he will have 5 years on it when he comes to Canada and we can avoid having to get it renewed later, in case of an emergency? The embassy won't care if it's a new issued passport?

Thanks in advance.

If there isn't a time limit on the passport request
, and you send the new passport, I think it'd be a safe bet to supply them with copies of the previous passport, too - just in case

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
ABCml said:
Whenever there's a doubt about how much information is being requested in a particular question, it's almost always best to favor giving more. I see no problem in supplying them with "all family member's" eye color, height..
it is absolutely NOT necessary to submit information about the sponsor and canadian child. by "family members" CIC means any family member listed in the application applying for PR, not the sponsor spouse or canadian children. since they are citizens of canada, there is no reason for them to send information for pr visa/card processing (which is what this information is for). ONLY the information about the APPLICANT needs to be sent. these are generic form letters they use for every type of pr application. so for some people, there is more than 1 family member applying for pr at the same time. those are the applications where "family members" must submit the information so they can get their pr issued.

wefeia

Star Member
Jun 8, 2011
Windsor, Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
tel aviv
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 23, 2011 (approved)
Doc's Request.
June 2nd, 2011
AOR Received.
June 2nd 2011
File Transfer...
May 6, 2011
Med's Done....
Jan 7, 2011
Interview........
waiting
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
April 25 2015
Thank you guys for answering my questions☺

desighee

Star Member
Feb 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have a question as well.

All Afghan family cases through New Delhi visa office are asked to send their passport to Islamabad. However, my spouse is asked to send passport to New Delhi. Another member on the forum was asked to send passport to New Delhi but immidiately in 10 minutes, a correction e-mail was sent advising to send passport to Islamabad instead. I have not yet received a second e-mail advising me to send my passport to Islamabad. What is the next course of action for us here? Thanks!