+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question about Police certificate

Majito

Jan 16, 2019
Hi there! I have one question regarding my application.

My eligibility period is from Jan 08, 2014 until Jan 08, 2019. I came to Canada in January 2015 so 4 years ago. If you read the form, it says in the past FOUR years were you in another country other than Canadá for a total of 183 days?.... so 4 years ago was January 2015, when I got here... so I my answer was No.

My question is, the police certificate is required for your eligibility period OR like the form says ONLY if you lived outside the past 4 years for 183 days?

Thank you!

Seym

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2017
Why would you not believe the form?
It's the official requirement!

No police certificate for you...

Majito

Jan 16, 2019
Why would you not believe the form?
It's the official requirement!

No police certificate for you...
Because I’ve been reading a lot of people talking about the police certificate based on their eligibility not the past 4 years

Seym

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2017
Because I’ve been reading a lot of people talking about the police certificate based on their eligibility not the past 4 years
IRCC can always request something from you if they feel it's important. Maybe this is what these people spoke about...
This does not make it a requirement when preparing the application.
Until proven otherwise, stick to what official sources ask for :)

Majito

Jan 16, 2019
IRCC can always request something from you if they feel it's important. Maybe this is what these people spoke about...
This does not make it a requirement when preparing the application.
Until proven otherwise, stick to what official sources ask for :)
Thank you!! :)

Chrisstina

Sep 14, 2018
Dear Senior (s)
I lastly visited India in June 2019 and returned to Canada in first of September 2019. As I am going to send application for citizenship on 31 January 2019, therefore I applied and received PCC in first week of October 2019. Pl advise whether my PCC issued in October 2019 is still valid as from September 2019 I am in Canada only.

click.trick

May 22, 2014
Chilliwack, BC
Dear Senior (s)
I lastly visited India in June 2019 and returned to Canada in first of September 2019. As I am going to send application for citizenship on 31 January 2019, therefore I applied and received PCC in first week of October 2019. Pl advise whether my PCC issued in October 2019 is still valid as from September 2019 I am in Canada only.
2019??

Reactions: Chrisstina

scorph

Aug 17, 2017
Abbotsford BC
Dear Senior (s)
Sounds like you are an alien who can travel in October 2019 while in January 2019

Chrisstina

Sep 14, 2018
Sounds like you are an alien who can travel in October 2019 while in January 2019
You are very correct my writing seems to be written by an akien which is my foolishness for which I feel sorru. Infact it is June 2018 to Sep 2018. Now because of change if year one become habitual in writing new year inadvertently. Kindly advise me on my corrected dates. Inconvenience caused is deeply regretted

scorph

Aug 17, 2017
Abbotsford BC
You are very correct my writing seems to be written by an akien which is my foolishness for which I feel sorru. Infact it is June 2018 to Sep 2018. Now because of change if year one become habitual in writing new year inadvertently. Kindly advise me on my corrected dates. Inconvenience caused is deeply regretted
I was kidding. Don’t take it personally :)

scorph

Aug 17, 2017
Abbotsford BC
Hi there! I have one question regarding my application.

My eligibility period is from Jan 08, 2014 until Jan 08, 2019. I came to Canada in January 2015 so 4 years ago. If you read the form, it says in the past FOUR years were you in another country other than Canadá for a total of 183 days?.... so 4 years ago was January 2015, when I got here... so I my answer was No.

My question is, the police certificate is required for your eligibility period OR like the form says ONLY if you lived outside the past 4 years for 183 days?

Thank you!
You will need to submit a police certificate from a country where you have spent 183 days during your eligibility period.
If you have not spent that amount of time in a country during your eligibility period, you don’t have to worry about this requirement.
However IRCC may still request a police certificate from a country even if you have spent less than the 183 days mentioned in that country.
Just provide the documents required in compliance with your situation.
Don’t submit documents that are not required.

Hope this helps.

click.trick

May 22, 2014
Chilliwack, BC
plea
You will need to submit a police certificate from a country where you have spent 183 days during your eligibility period.
If you have not spent that amount of time in a country during your eligibility period, you don’t have to worry about this requirement.
However IRCC may still request a police certificate from a country even if you have spent less than the 183 days mentioned in that country.
Just provide the documents required in compliance with your situation.
Don’t submit documents that are not required.

Hope this helps.
se donot confuse the eligibility period and PCC time frame
they are not same
eligibility period is 5 years but PCC is only needed when you look at the previous 4 years from the date u signed your application in those 4 years if u have spent more than 183 days as total in any country then u do require pcc