+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question about police certificate

abdullaha

Mar 30, 2015
Can anybody help me on this? I lived in china for 1.5 years two years ago, should I need police certificate from china? I am in pakistan now and how will get it from a country in which I am not living now. Thanks! I will get ITA in two months , I hope so , please help so that I can complete my documents.
According to CIC Who needs a police certificate? In general, you and all the people in your family who are 18 or older need to get a police certificate. You must get one from each country or territory where you have lived for six or more months in a row since the age of 18.

joe99

Oct 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
abdullaha said:
Can anybody help me on this? I lived in china for 1.5 years two years ago, should I need police certificate from china? I am in pakistan now and how will get it from a country in which I am not living now. Thanks! I will get ITA in two months , I hope so , please help so that I can complete my documents.
According to CIC Who needs a police certificate? In general, you and all the people in your family who are 18 or older need to get a police certificate. You must get one from each country or territory where you have lived for six or more months in a row since the age of 18.

Hi

Check the requirements of receiving PCC from China and apply with all required documents and fee in China Embassy in your country.........

Regards

fpnc2983

Feb 13, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
abdullaha said:
yes you have to get a police certificate in china.

how?

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/asia-pacific/china.asp

http://www.visainchina.com/nocriminal.htm

zosya

Dec 9, 2014
Does anyone know, is it necessary for a police certificate to be issued not more than 3 months ago? I lived in Germany for a year, but currently I am back home. So shouldI get a certificate from Germany know and not wait till ITA? Or do I need to get the new PCC from Germany when I get ITA?
I think it makes absolutely no difference, whether a certificate is 3 or 6 months old, since I do not live in Germany anymore, but I haven't seen any official confirmation from CIC. Does anyone have link to official information regarding PCC from countries which differ from current country of residence?

lotusEsp

Star Member
Feb 19, 2015
zosya said:
Does anyone know, is it necessary for a police certificate to be issued not more than 3 months ago? I lived in Germany for a year, but currently I am back home. So shouldI get a certificate from Germany know and not wait till ITA? Or do I need to get the new PCC from Germany when I get ITA?
I think it makes absolutely no difference, whether a certificate is 3 or 6 months old, since I do not live in Germany anymore, but I haven't seen any official confirmation from CIC. Does anyone have link to official information regarding PCC from countries which differ from current country of residence?
1) dont apply for a PCC until you have recieved your ITA
2) all the info on getting PCCs from different countries is here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/index.asp

zosya

Dec 9, 2014
lotusEsp said:
1) dont apply for a PCC until you have recieved your ITA
2) all the info on getting PCCs from different countries is here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/index.asp
It sounds like a plan. However, they send PCC from Germany using regular mail, so it will take approximately 2 months to get my PCC. So 60 days may be not enough for me to get all the documents. Furthermore, I need to translate all that.

preeti.msingh109

Jul 18, 2014
zosya said:
It sounds like a plan. However, they send PCC from Germany using regular mail, so it will take approximately 2 months to get my PCC. So 60 days may be not enough for me to get all the documents. Furthermore, I need to translate all that.
Dnt wry...they are well aware that it is difficult to arrange PCCs within 60 days sometimes...hence u can always submit acknowledgement of PCC along with an explanation letter explaining ur scenario. ..n they will consider this n wait for it.

abdullaha

Mar 30, 2015
Thanks fpnc. However 3000rmb will be a big amount.
if its possible through chinese embassy,it will be easy and cost effective.
My score is 369 and I will wait for my ITA then.

jickson

Dec 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello all

I applied for FW2014 in December and got my application back due to filled cap. Now I may get an ITA in the next 2 draws. I live in Canada and got my PCC from my home country in Nov. Does anyone know if this PCC would be valid for my EE application? Given that I've been in Canada for the past 16 month?

lotusEsp

Star Member
Feb 19, 2015
No, you will need a new PCC according to the cic site.

I've seen one person on here claiming not to have bothered and submitted their old one with a letter - but its not proven to be ok, and not something I would risk when the CIC guidelines clearly say the PCCs must be less than 3 months old