+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question about police certificate for permanent resident application

r3su1

Star Member
Jan 5, 2016
Question for you guys! My mom received additional document request from CIC today for her permanent resident application under parent sponsorship. CIC is asking for police certificate of any country where she stayed for six months or over. My mom took two trips to Canada so far and one is for two months and the other one is for almost six months. Does she need to get a Canadian criminal record? It's kind of urgent, any comments would be appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Mightytonewheel

Star Member
Sep 18, 2015
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-10-2015
AOR Received.
02-08-2016
File Transfer...
02-08-2016
Med's Done....
10-12-2015
Passport Req..
06-13-2016
r3su1 said:
Question for you guys! My mom received additional document request from CIC today for her permanent resident application under parent sponsorship. CIC is asking for police certificate of any country where she stayed for six months or over. My mom took two trips to Canada so far and one is for two months and the other one is for almost six months. Does she need to get a Canadian criminal record? It's kind of urgent, any comments would be appreciated! Thanks in advance!
Write them back with a complete list of the countries your mom has visited in the past 5 years, and the duration of each trip. If possible, photocopy your passport to show stamps, and also give them plane trip tickets that show trip duration. You should not need a police certificate, but it would not hurt to satisfy their curiosity.