+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question about minimum income requirement

acnmk

Mar 18, 2009
Hi everyone,

I am a Canadian citizen. I am going to sponsor only my wife, who has no dependent children. We both are outside of Canada.

Based on Part 1 - The Sponsor's Guide (page 7-8):

* you have an income that is at least equal to the minimum necessary income, the amount of which is published yearly by the Canadian government. You will have to provide us with documents that show your financial resources for the past 12 months and prove you are financially able to sponsor members of the family class.

This condition does not apply if you are sponsoring only
· your spouse, common-law or conjugal partner who has no dependent children, or
· your spouse, common-law or conjugal partner whose dependent children have no
children of their own, or
· your dependent child who has no children of his or her own.

Does this mean I don't need to meet this minimum necessary income requirement and I don't need to provide any sources of income documents?

Thank you!!

boujasim

Nov 12, 2008
u need to provide ur option c printout,if u dont have one u must send ur pay stubs and a letter from employer.
and no u dont have any income requierments.

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
you do not have to but still...you should give them some kind of info of your financial situation. You obviously do not have Option C print out...in this case you should explain why to CPC.
If you have some money in your account, print out the account statement and send it along with your application.

d_1982

Star Member
Nov 20, 2008
regarding boujasim:

what if you are retired didn't work and dont have C print out for previous years but have only C print out from 2003 and previous years will that work?

regarding nguyentu2001:

what if you have rental property overseas and reciving payments from that, do you have to show how payments are reached in canada by showing bank statements/western union? i mean do they ask for that proof also how payments are reached to him from overseas? or show only property or land papers from overseas?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
acnmk said:
Thank you both!! I do have the option C printout. I know what to do now!
You don't have to meet any income requirements. You can send your c-printout if you want or just write N/A on the income requirements.

d_1982

Star Member
Nov 20, 2008
To Leon:

so you can write N/A also will that hurt the case or will they denied the petition because lack of C print out?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You don't have to prove income when you are sponsoring a spouse.