+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

question about job offer

harrygun_wangxin

May 28, 2015
Hi,
I'd like to hear some opinions or suggestions about this new rules of job offer.

I'm a work permit holder with current job until the fall of 2018 (the offer was signed a year ago for three years). I was invited to apply, and I'm claiming the arranged employment. It seems to qualify assuming the application takes about half year, and I should still have more than one year left.

I could certainly try negotiate with my employer, and sign another offer. Not sure if that's necessary though.

harrygun_wangxin

May 28, 2015
Re: job offer

According to the IRCC website, I think it'd work if I show my offer signed a year ago, probably with a shorter letter, showing my position until 2018, right? anyone?

Thank you.

harrygun_wangxin

May 28, 2015
Anyone?

The thing is I don't really need that 50 points right now. The other option is simply decline the ITA, and change the profile without claiming any job offer? Not sure what to do :(

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Assuming you got an ITA yesterday, do you have a CRS of 518 or above? If yes, proceed with application submission. The presence or absence of that job makes no difference to your application.

harrygun_wangxin

May 28, 2015
Thanks for the reply. I got 519 with the job offer, but for round 49 (497 points). So if I proceed with an unqualified offer, that'll be an issue.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
harrygun_wangxin said:
Thanks for the reply. I got 519 with the job offer, but for round 49 (497 points). So if I proceed with an unqualified offer, that'll be an issue.
That'll be tricky. 469 is a very competitive score, recommend that you decline this ITA and enter the pool again if you aren't sure if those 50 points.

harrygun_wangxin

May 28, 2015
Right, as you said, if I decline, I probably don't have to change my profile at all. As long as the minimum points isn't going to get higher next round, it'll be ok regardless of the qualification of the offer (there's really nothing on IRCC website that's against my claim of the job offer, it's just as a new rule, nobody could give me a certain answer).

Since I haven't got all my documents ready anyway, won't lose much time either.