+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question about Immigration status in other countries or territories.

747-captain

Jan 8, 2015
El Cerrito, CA
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 21, 2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
PER: Jan 21, 2015
IELTS Request
Sent with App
File Transfer...
Unknown
Med's Request
Mar 13, 2015 (MR, FBI PCC [app sent to FBI 3/17] and RPRF)
Med's Done....
completed Mar. 23rd, 2015. ECAS 3rd line updated April 3rd.
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
August 08, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
August 13, 2015
LANDED..........
Feb 23, 2016
It seems clear from that twitter feed, that MOST people are unclear about this question. So, I'm sure they would understand. In my case, I cannot do anything about it, now that my application is already submitted.

At the most they might come back and ask me to clarify it (I hope). And the visa was not even a "visitor" but a "transit" visa. So I'm just hoping it's not an issue. If I were given a do-over of my app, I would, of course, include that stop, just to be safe!

They really should be clearer in the "instruction guide", because it does NOT include "visitor" in those examples!

pbsvc

May 6, 2022
I submitted my application and then saw this post... not sure what to do now. I hold a B1/B2 visa for the United States and have also travelled to countries with on-arrival visas for short trips. Do they return the application?

Last edited:

softwaretesting

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I submitted my application and then saw this post... not sure what to do now. I hold a B1/B2 visa for the United States and have also travelled to countries with on-arrival visas for short trips. Do they return the application?
I had submitted webform with details of visitor visas later. Decision is made for my application.

tiktoklady

Jun 14, 2022
I had submitted webform with details of visitor visas later. Decision is made for my application.

Hi I have not included my H4 visa in my application . I read your post that you have submitted webform . CAn you please guide me how to do that. Please need help.. thank you

Dogman13

Mar 18, 2021
Sorry about restarting an old thread- but a bit stuck on this question and could use some advice.
  1. There seems to be conflicting information on whether visit visas should also be included or not. But might as well include it to be on the safe side. Would one also add details of transit visas or just anything (tourist/ visitor) over 10 days or so?
  2. For the from and to dates; do I fill these with dates of travel or till when the visa is valid? For example:
    1. I was in the UK in a temporary resident worker visa which was valid till Jan 2014. But I left the UK n Nov 2013 and didn't head back. So which date goes as "To"
    2. In a visitor visa with 3-months validity (say I had a visa from June to Sept 2017), I only stayed till July to August 2017. So would the dates be June to Sept or July to August? Since the "status" would only be when I'm in the country?
Thanks in advance! Sorry if these have been asked before.

akbardxb

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2013
Mississauga
LANDED..........
28-03-2014
Sorry about restarting an old thread- but a bit stuck on this question and could use some advice.
  1. There seems to be conflicting information on whether visit visas should also be included or not. But might as well include it to be on the safe side. Would one also add details of transit visas or just anything (tourist/ visitor) over 10 days or so?
  2. For the from and to dates; do I fill these with dates of travel or till when the visa is valid?For example:
    1. I was in the UK in a temporary resident worker visa which was valid till Jan 2014. But I left the UK n Nov 2013 and didn't head back. So which date goes as "To"
    2. In a visitor visa with 3-months validity (say I had a visa from June to Sept 2017), I only stayed till July to August 2017. So would the dates be June to Sept or July to August? Since the "status" would only be when I'm in the country?
Thanks in advance! Sorry if these have been asked before.
In my application, I did not consider visit visas as resident visas. I had a few valid visit visas during my eligibility period - US, Schengen and Middle East, but since these did not give me the right to live and/or work there, I did not include them.

However each of the trips made under these visas was recorded in the 'absence from Canada' information.

A lot of folks here say that the drop down menu has the option of 'Visit Visa'; I believe that to be an oversight in the form and not because a visit visa is equivalent to a right to live in that country.

This subject has been debated extensively here, but I am sharing what I did.

Xxsaraxx

Star Member
Jun 7, 2017
Hello,
Any updates from people who didn’t include visit visas in Q13, did your application go through successfully? Did you have to update IRCC or was it okay without updating them? As I didn’t include visit visas

I am getting my UK residence permit through spousal sponsorship soon and my citizenship application is already submitted. Do I need to update them later about this?

Thank you

Reactions: adbcca

Jaywalker

May 8, 2018
This question is the reason I have not submitted my application for a week now. Such stupidity to have contradictory messaging in the citizenship application. Heights of incompetence

Last edited:

saifulla

Sep 5, 2019
This question is the reason I have not submitted my application for a week now. Such stupidity to have contradictory messaging in the citizenship application. Heights of incompetence
Did you submit your application now ? How did you submit did you include all your status ?

Jan 22, 2024
I did the same mistake and filled only the cizenship of my birth country even though I had Student visa (2013-2014) and work visa (2017-2018) from the UK, Schengan visa (2014) and Visitor visa from the US (from 2019). Any update about what CIC told you? I would really appreciate your response
so what happened? did you mentioned anything at the end? what was the result?