+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question about GST and OTB notice

dxni.pe

Jan 16, 2020
Hey everyone, I just had a couple of questions. I received notices from the CRA in the mail stating that I owe amounts for GST and OTB (Ontario Trillium Benefit) as a result of my change in marital status. However, my spouse and I got married toward the end of 2019. Both letters requested the following information: confirmation by you and your spouse of your marital status and date of change; we need to know your spouse's 2018 net income to calculate your credit...

I tried calling CRA but was on hold for 30 minutes only for the line to be cut so I am resorting to this. To anyone who has experienced this, how do I go about sending the information in? Do I simply send in a letter? Do I also provide a copy of my marriage certificate? The letters were not clear as to how I can provide the information.

Thanks in advance!

Sarahannclarke5

Sep 19, 2018
Ontario, Canada
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
App. Filed.......
26-10-2018
If you have an online cra account you can change ur marital status online. You will need to submit a letter statimg your date of marriage and their world income for the year before marriage and for 2019.