+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question about First Timers

kvashishat

Jun 26, 2018
Hello all,

My parents are going to visit my brother in Canada in July and this is their first time. They have their super visa approved and going by themselves. Like most people, this is their first time using the plane and flying overseas. My brother is explaining as much as he can but I am kind of nervous for few things.

They are taking a direct flight from Delhi to Vancouver and then connecting to Edmonton which is their final stop. I have following questions if someone can answer them or have had a similar experience that can help:

1. Will they have to reclaim the baggage once they get off at the Vancouver airport even though they are connecting to Edmonton from there?
2. Would they have to fill out the declaration form?
3. They are attending a function of my brother's and my mom is bringing some personal jewelry to wear, does she has to declare that as well?
4. What do they have to show to the immigration officer and what kind of questions they can expect to be asked?

Appreciate all the help I can get from you all.

Thanks!

davek1979

Sep 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-05-2012
Doc's Request.
16-10-2012
AOR Received.
16-10-2012
Med's Request
16-10-2012
Med's Done....
22-10-2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
15-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2013
LANDED..........
13-04-2013
1) They will need to claim their baggage in Vancouver. They are going through customs and immigration in Vancouver then taking a domestic flight from Vancouver to Edmonton.

2)Yes they will need to fill it out

3) No she does not. It is hers, and is not being left in Canada when she leaves.

4) Passport, declaration forms, visa, possibly proof of funds for visit.

Well Wisher

May 23, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2012
Nomination.....
December 2012
AOR Received.
27-02-2013
File Transfer...
27-02-2013
Med's Request
03-03-2013
Med's Done....
13-03-2013
Passport Req..
03-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-07-2013
LANDED..........
20-07-2013
Hello all,

My parents are going to visit my brother in Canada in July and this is their first time. They have their super visa approved and going by themselves. Like most people, this is their first time using the plane and flying overseas. My brother is explaining as much as he can but I am kind of nervous for few things.

They are taking a direct flight from Delhi to Vancouver and then connecting to Edmonton which is their final stop. I have following questions if someone can answer them or have had a similar experience that can help:

1. Will they have to reclaim the baggage once they get off at the Vancouver airport even though they are connecting to Edmonton from there?
2. Would they have to fill out the declaration form?
3. They are attending a function of my brother's and my mom is bringing some personal jewelry to wear, does she has to declare that as well?
4. What do they have to show to the immigration officer and what kind of questions they can expect to be asked?

Appreciate all the help I can get from you all.

Thanks!
Agree with Davek1967. I had the exact same situation for my Mother > Delhi-Vancouver-Calgary
1. The very first visit would be to the Immigration desk. After getting Declaration card stamped by IO they have to claim the luggage at Vancouver airport, Walk through CBSA towards connection terminal, drop the luggage at connecting flight kiosk.
2. Yes they will need to fill out. Here is the sample which might help making them little comfortable
https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publications/forms-formulaires/e311-eng.pdf
3. Nothing to declare for Jewelry as long as she is taking it back with her.
4. Would be asked for Return flight tickets, funds, Medical Insurance for Super Visa, address in Canada, funds.. Offcourse passport and filled declaration card too.:)

Good luck.!!