+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question about citizenship

lynnzzm

Jun 13, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1.For RQ,if the car under my husband,do i need to provide document about this car?I have no car.
2.I appled citizenship with my daughter when she is 17,now she is 18.Will we get two letters for oath and can we join the ceremony in different time?
thanks!

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If somebody asks you if you have a car, you can say no but your husband has a car. If they want info about this car, you can provide it.

I believe that if you apply as a family, you are usually called for oath at the same time. You can imagine if people with minor children had to attend many oath ceremonies because one person is called to one place and another person to another. It is also possible that as your daughter was under your application as a minor child that you must do it at the same time or at least that you must do it first because she can not get citizenship unless you do.

If either one of you is unable to attend the oath ceremony, you can request another but it is not advisable because it seriously delays your processing and immigration will get the feeling that you do not really want the citizenship which is also not good.

lynnzzm

Jun 13, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Leon said:
If somebody asks you if you have a car, you can say no but your husband has a car. If they want info about this car, you can provide it.

I believe that if you apply as a family, you are usually called for oath at the same time. You can imagine if people with minor children had to attend many oath ceremonies because one person is called to one place and another person to another. It is also possible that as your daughter was under your application as a minor child that you must do it at the same time or at least that you must do it first because she can not get citizenship unless you do.

If either one of you is unable to attend the oath ceremony, you can request another but it is not advisable because it seriously delays your processing and immigration will get the feeling that you do not really want the citizenship which is also not good.
Thanks Leon.

amazing21

Star Member
Sep 30, 2014
i need to know what documents do I need to bring to citizenship ceremony. What do they ask in the letter to bring to the ceremony?
thanks

Rosie95

Sep 10, 2015
Hi, I was wondering if anyone knew how long it takes to receive an acknowledgement letter from Canada. I applied for proof of citizenship urgently (I need it to get a SIN to work). I think the office received all the documents on August 21st. I am a Canadian by descent, so I am not applying for citizenship just proof of it. Would anyone have experience with this?

Thank you