+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question about CIC agent/PR card

richtea

Mar 24, 2010
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, I just called CIC regarding a delay on my wife's PR card (she's been here in Canada for over 7 weeks now). When I asked an agent about this, he wouldn't tell me anything since I was not permitted to ask about my wife's status or case. Even though I told him that I was the sponsor and husband, he still refused to tell me anything about the status of my wife's PR card, unless my wife asked herself (but her English isn't good). The agent said that I had to fill out a representative form in order to be permitted to ask about these things.

Is he correct?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

richtea said:
Hi, I just called CIC regarding a delay on my wife's PR card (she's been here in Canada for over 7 weeks now). When I asked an agent about this, he wouldn't tell me anything since I was not permitted to ask about my wife's status or case. Even though I told him that I was the sponsor and husband, he still refused to tell me anything about the status of my wife's PR card, unless my wife asked herself (but her English isn't good). The agent said that I had to fill out a representative form in order to be permitted to ask about these things.

Is he correct?
Legally yes, it is your wife's personal information.

Karlshammar

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yup, either a representative form, or an information release authority: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5475E.pdf