07-04-2015
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
10-06-2015
Med's Request
Done before
Hello,

My wife submitted long ago a sponsorship application to sponsor her then husband.
However, her husband used her only to get into Canada and when the application eventually got denied, he left her. This was 19 years ago.

Now I am married with her and off course they want to know with who she got married with and etcetera.
I sumitted a ATIP request, because I wanted to know if there were any notes made by the CIC and if the reason why it got denied was because they suspected a marriage of convenience.

I received an email with scans of the papers of the application, and in the back two papers with lines but no notes.
Does this mean they rejected it but didn't specify for what reason?

Hopefully someone could help me with this.

flamand_quebec13

Star Member
Jan 31, 2015
Montréal, QC
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2015
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
10-06-2015
Med's Request
Done before

ABCml

Jan 27, 2014
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-Feb-2014
AOR Received.
24-Feb-2014, SponsorshipApproved 01-Apr-2014
File Transfer...
01-Apr-2014 Officially rec'd Beijing 24-May-2014
Med's Done....
29-Dec-2013 "Medical Results rec'd" 01-Apr-2014
Interview........
15-Dec-2014
Passport Req..
at interview
VISA ISSUED...
16-Dec-2014
LANDED..........
25-Dec-2014
flamand_quebec13 said:
Hello,

My wife submitted long ago a sponsorship application to sponsor her then husband.
However, her husband used her only to get into Canada and when the application eventually got denied, he left her. This was 19 years ago.

Now I am married with her and off course they want to know with who she got married with and etcetera.
I sumitted a ATIP request, because I wanted to know if there were any notes made by the CIC and if the reason why it got denied was because they suspected a marriage of convenience.

I received an email with scans of the papers of the application, and in the back two papers with lines but no notes.
Does this mean they rejected it but didn't specify for what reason?

Hopefully someone could help me with this.

Sounds like an incomplete file - Was it rejected at sponsorship stage or PR applicant stage? If requesting the PR stage refusal, you would need a signed consent form from the PR applicant (former husband) - I'm guessing maybe all you got was the sponsorship notes..., and oddly sketchy at that.

Maybe because of the 19 years, no original electronic files and such..

flamand_quebec13

Star Member
Jan 31, 2015
Montréal, QC
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2015
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
10-06-2015
Med's Request
Done before
Thanks ABCml,

indeed oddly sketchy as I requested it to know the exact reason why she was denied as a sponsor.
Off course, considering her age at that time, they might have automatically denied her as such.

In Belgium they look for example at the difference in age when foreigners want to get married in Belgium.
If they see there is a big difference, they either monitor it or have them go trough an interview and still monitor them afterwards.

for ex. http://www.endvawnow.org/en/articles/633-addressing-forced-marriages-involving-immigrant-women-and-girls.html

I just hope this will not affect the sponsorship of me and my wife. On the other hand, we have more than enough proof that shows how strong our relationship is with her. She lived with me in Belgium and we got married here since December.

In any case, thank you for the reply and wish me luck. The application will be sent this week or the beginning of next week.

ABCml

Jan 27, 2014
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-Feb-2014
AOR Received.
24-Feb-2014, SponsorshipApproved 01-Apr-2014
File Transfer...
01-Apr-2014 Officially rec'd Beijing 24-May-2014
Med's Done....
29-Dec-2013 "Medical Results rec'd" 01-Apr-2014
Interview........
15-Dec-2014
Passport Req..
at interview
VISA ISSUED...
16-Dec-2014
LANDED..........
25-Dec-2014
flamand_quebec13 said:
Thanks ABCml,

indeed oddly sketchy as I requested it to know the exact reason why she was denied as a sponsor.
Off course, considering her age at that time, they might have automatically denied her as such.

In Belgium they look for example at the difference in age when foreigners want to get married in Belgium.
If they see there is a big difference, they either monitor it or have them go trough an interview and still monitor them afterwards.

for ex. http://www.endvawnow.org/en/articles/633-addressing-forced-marriages-involving-immigrant-women-and-girls.html

I just hope this will not affect the sponsorship of me and my wife. On the other hand, we have more than enough proof that shows how strong our relationship is with her. She lived with me in Belgium and we got married here since December.

In any case, thank you for the reply and wish me luck. The application will be sent this week or the beginning of next week.
Absolutely - Good Luck (which often does play a big part of some immigration success stories!) May you get the best visa officer(s) throughout the process. As with us, the one who looks beyond the point system, and has the eyes of a full-fledged human being 8)

flamand_quebec13

Star Member
Jan 31, 2015
Montréal, QC
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2015
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
10-06-2015
Med's Request
Done before
Faith shall decide.

If it was meant to be, it shall happen.
Thank you and if necessary I'll post how things turn out. :)