+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question about application photo - small light reflection in eyes

Dec 16, 2022
Hello, I am sponsoring my spouse for family class permanent residency. I know the photo specifications on the Canada website say the photo must be "taken with uniform lighting and not show shadows, glare or flash reflections." She went to a professional photo store and they took a photo that looks nice and correct when printed out.

However, I am concerned because, when the photo store emailed me a digital copy, I can see a tiny reflection in her eyes from the ring light they used. It is like a tiny white circle around each pupil of her eyes.

I spoke to the studio and they say this is how all of their passport/immigration photos turn out because of the ring light. But I am concerned she will be rejected because of this.

I can't figure out how to post an image of how the eyes look, but I'm wondering if you have any advice. Should she get new photos taken...is this likely fine...etc. Anything you can say would be great. Thank you very much.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Since MANY people are struggling with issues regarding their photos (apparently because of glitches/bugs in the system), I recommend having them taken again. It's a small price to pay, IMHO.