+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question 9B - Application for Canadian citizenship - Minors

Samsay

Nov 13, 2014
Hello there,

I am little confused with the question 9B for my son's application for canadian citizenship.

Has the child left Canada for a total of 6 months or longer since becoming a permanent resident?

My question is: Are they asking for the particular period when my son was away for 6 months or longer at a stretch? or summing up all his trips away from Canada since becoming a permanent resident?

It may sound like a silly question, but I shall appreciate receiving your input on this please.

Thanks
Sam.

KRP

Jan 13, 2012
Category........
FSW
LANDED..........
01/02/2011
Hello there,

I am little confused with the question 9B for my son's application for canadian citizenship.

Has the child left Canada for a total of 6 months or longer since becoming a permanent resident?

My question is: Are they asking for the particular period when my son was away for 6 months or longer at a stretch? or summing up all his trips away from Canada since becoming a permanent resident?

It may sound like a silly question, but I shall appreciate receiving your input on this please.

Thanks
Sam.
You need to write down all the trips made by your son outside Canada since gaining permanent residence. If you check the form you can see separate lines are given. So do not sum up all trips. Write the trips one after the other with the help of the passport exit /entry seals . They will verify all this later in the process.

Reactions: Samsay

Samsay

Nov 13, 2014
You need to write down all the trips made by your son outside Canada since gaining permanent residence. If you check the form you can see separate lines are given. So do not sum up all trips. Write the trips one after the other with the help of the passport exit /entry seals . They will verify all this later in the process.
Thank you KRP! Much appreciated! I will do that.

TUD

Aug 17, 2016
Hi

What ID documents can be submitted for my minor son who is 11.They need 2 pieces of ID of which one should have photo on it.

He has health card but it does not have his photo on it.
He does not have DL
PR card as a proof of ID is not acceptable.

KRP

Jan 13, 2012
Category........
FSW
LANDED..........
01/02/2011
Hi

What ID documents can be submitted for my minor son who is 11.They need 2 pieces of ID of which one should have photo on it.

He has health card but it does not have his photo on it.
He does not have DL
PR card as a proof of ID is not acceptable.
Submit PR card, Health card and ask his school office to provide his index card which has photo and his details.

Samsay

Nov 13, 2014
Submit PR card, Health card and ask his school office to provide his index card which has photo and his details.
I will be sending copies of PR card, health card and a letter from school. The school denied providing me with any document/letter with child's picture. I will write a letter to CIC and explain the details I guess.

KRP

Jan 13, 2012
Category........
FSW
LANDED..........
01/02/2011
I will be sending copies of PR card, health card and a letter from school. The school denied providing me with any document/letter with child's picture. I will write a letter to CIC and explain the details I guess.
Which school is that? I got my son and daughter index card from their school without any questions asked.

Samsay

Nov 13, 2014
I live in BC. Its a high school in BC. There is no such thing as an Index card over here, unfortunately.

can_user

Feb 11, 2018
I have similar question on 9b. Our child did not spend more than 6 months outside of Canada but we went back for Vacation for close to 3 months. Should we fill up the table under 9b. I will be filling up the table, just wanted to see if anyone else had same situation