03-03-16
Med's Done....
13-01-16
Passport Req..
08-05-16
VISA ISSUED...
26-05-16
Hi Forum members

Happy new year to everyone. I have questions concering question 6 in the application:

1- My birth name was changed by my father when I was around 5 or 6 years old and all my education/professional documents (secondary school to Masters, professional licenses), passports, Canadian IDs (driving, health card) and PR docs have the new name. I never mentioned or provided any documentation regarding name at birth in PR docs. How shall I approach this question for myself?
2- My spouse name changed after marriage and the new name has been on passport, PR and Canadian documents/IDs etc. However, education and professional documents (secondary to Masters, professional licenses) have had old name before marriage. At the time of PR application, since I didnt claim points for her education or experience, none of education documents were submitted. Now she is studying and education documents have been submitted with an old name (no questions yet). Again, appreciate input on how to approach this situation.

Thank you in advance

Reactions: zelen

zelen

Jun 20, 2013
Hi Adey786,

I am in the same situation as yours. Please share how you solved this.

Thanks in advance

zelen

Jun 20, 2013
Hi Adey786,

Regarding your first question, my suggestion would be to adhere what you have declared in your PR application.

niagara2807

Apr 23, 2017
Hi Forum members

Happy new year to everyone. I have questions concering question 6 in the application:

1- My birth name was changed by my father when I was around 5 or 6 years old and all my education/professional documents (secondary school to Masters, professional licenses), passports, Canadian IDs (driving, health card) and PR docs have the new name. I never mentioned or provided any documentation regarding name at birth in PR docs. How shall I approach this question for myself?
2- My spouse name changed after marriage and the new name has been on passport, PR and Canadian documents/IDs etc. However, education and professional documents (secondary to Masters, professional licenses) have had old name before marriage. At the time of PR application, since I didnt claim points for her education or experience, none of education documents were submitted. Now she is studying and education documents have been submitted with an old name (no questions yet). Again, appreciate input on how to approach this situation.

Thank you in advance
Regarding Q2: It should not be a problem and is understandable as spouse name gets changed, if desired. You need to supplement with a marriage certificate docs.

adey786

Jun 29, 2010
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-01-16
Doc's Request.
13-01-16
Nomination.....
08-12-15
AOR Received.
05-01-16
File Transfer...
03-03-16
Med's Done....
13-01-16
Passport Req..
08-05-16
VISA ISSUED...
26-05-16
Regarding Q2: It should not be a problem and is understandable as spouse name gets changed, if desired. You need to supplement with a marriage certificate docs.
Thanks Niagara2807. I did provide marriage certificate as a part of PR application. The marriage certificate had my wife's pre-marriage name and since this was known before so I do not see any issue in not mentioning the old name. At the time of PR, CIC did not ask for any documents re name change for my wife. The conclusion I am getting at is that I should mention pre-marriage name of my wife as this name was in use until her formal professional and academic education.

My name at birth was changed when I was 12 years old and since then new name has been used consistently across all documents upto PR, education, professional etc. I am still at cross roads - shall I mention the name at birth or not.